200 series picture thread (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

F9E16359-F98E-4E4E-8FCB-79DAA8A88C38.jpeg

? Were you the one on Steel Soldiers asking me about the wheels? My M1101 and M116A3 also have the matching wheels.
Not me but I'm a frequent lurker of that site. Lol

Helped another "big bottom girl" up one of Wipeout Hills obstacles after the right rear axle gave in. Hope Lee got it fixed and made it home before too long.

20220429_123221.jpg

20220429_121823.jpg

20220429_121515.jpg

Helped another "big bottom girl" up one of Wipeout Hills obstacles after the right rear axle gave in. Hope Lee got it fixed and made it home before too long.

View attachment 3002262

View attachment 3002263

View attachment 3002264
Do you have any more info on the 200 that broke its rear axle shaft? I was talking to Kurt about it at the dinner Friday night. Then Saturday morning I leave Moab Diner and he’s under my truck looking at it haha. Was making sure he had the right part for it. Very curious what caused it and if carrying spare axles to a big event far from home makes sense. Thanks!

Do you have any more info on the 200 that broke its rear axle shaft? I was talking to Kurt about it at the dinner Friday night. Then Saturday morning I leave Moab Diner and he’s under my truck looking at it haha. Was making sure he had the right part for it. Very curious what caused it and if carrying spare axles to a big event far from home makes sense. Thanks!

If my instagram game is correct, I believe that was @ga12r1

I never heard what he found but the grinding noise as we pulled him up was enough to make me wince. Lol.

@tbisaacs I believe that is him. Super nice guy.

That truck is put to heavy use and he knows it inside and out. We were just talking about 20 minutes before about our rigs, the weight, the evidence of use, how we use them, etc. The hill was not really the issue, and we felt at the time that the failure was due to repeated use. In fact he locked up and finished the trail on 3 drivable wheels. When we aired back up, I lost track of him as we headed over to Island in the sky.

He did say his rear drawers are just for tools and parts. Others can comment on parts to carry. I carry tools, oils, and minor parts but every year I evaluate it more as the truck ages and the "hits" add up. Im fully armored front to rear with bumpers and this year I lost my AC after I snapped compressor and the main feed line. How? I suspect the bumper/winch mounts have been touching on bigger obstacles with body roll and finally the rough road vibrations and smacks just did it in. Made for long trip home. Found what seems like the only tube in the US at a dealership in California. But I made a great argument for 35" and front/rear lockers on drive home. Lol.

I haven't posted in a while. I still have my 80 and 200. I just got back from Utah and Arizona. We went to Toquerville Falls, Toroweap Overlook, Nampaweap Rock art site (AZ strip), Burr Trail into Capitol Reef National Park and 9 Mile Canyon. The trail to Toquerville falls was more challenging (ledges and real rocky) than I expected. I picked up two handfuls of nails near the falls in less than 2 minutes. Seems someone hates the increased Off-road traffic there. The ledges near the Toroweap Overlook (North rim of the Grand Canyon) have gotten higher through erosion and increased use (side by sides). The Nampaweap rock art site now has great camping and a new pit toilet near the trailhead. 9 Mile Canyon near Price, Utah is worth the drive for its petroglyphs and pictographs.

Coming back from Toquerville Falls.
9D5D5760-7B72-4AD4-A674-BCD06B12FB3A.jpeg

Camping near the Nampaweap rock art site in the Arizona Strip.
FDC5B642-46D8-45B3-9F0D-24ED9C66DBEF.jpeg

Headed to Toquerville falls. This was a smooth section.
C4F97F9C-FE98-41D8-943D-07E4496C20E7.jpeg

The "Great Hunt" in 9 Mile Canyon near Price, Utah. This is about 45 miles from the main highway but the road in is all paved. There are many great things to see like this in 9 Mile Canyon.
E9248930-50B4-4DDE-BCCF-E9B684B91139.jpeg

A few varied shots from this weekend in Oregon and NorCal. The cruiser saw snow, sleet, rain, and beautiful sunshine off and on for hours haha —never ceases to amaze me how capable it is!

80E50C10-6687-45CA-87B5-CF8E838EB25B.jpeg

8E3C27E9-0F1F-472C-875D-F9C9B98A3885.jpeg

82790CF7-2738-431C-A63C-6DD86A9C896A.jpeg

02E6A0E1-A451-440B-8B57-01375704B728.jpeg

CA01385A-2974-4828-A469-EC236FCD2464.jpeg

I haven't posted in a while. I still have my 80 and 200. I just got back from Utah and Arizona. We went to Toquerville Falls, Toroweap Overlook, Nampaweap Rock art site (AZ strip), Burr Trail into Capitol Reef National Park and 9 Mile Canyon. The trail to Toquerville falls was more challenging (ledges and real rocky) than I expected. I picked up two handfuls of nails near the falls in less than 2 minutes. Seems someone hates the increased Off-road traffic there. The ledges near the Toroweap Overlook (North rim of the Grand Canyon) have gotten higher through erosion and increased use (side by sides). The Nampaweap rock art site now has great camping and a new pit toilet near the trailhead. 9 Mile Canyon near Price, Utah is worth the drive for its petroglyphs and pictographs.

Coming back from Toquerville Falls.
View attachment 3004573

Camping near the Nampaweap rock art site in the Arizona Strip.
View attachment 3004575

Headed to Toquerville falls. This was a smooth section.
View attachment 3004576

The "Great Hunt" in 9 Mile Canyon near Price, Utah. This is about 45 miles from the main highway but the road in is all paved. There are many great things to see like this in 9 Mile Canyon.
View attachment 3004587
I haven't been to Toroweap in years and it was in a friends 4runner on 35's. Was curious if a stock setup 200 with AT tires would make it to the campground without damage even to plastics.

I haven't been to Toroweap in years and it was in a friends 4runner on 35's. Was curious if a stock setup 200 with AT tires would make it to the campground without damage even to plastics.
I believe the answer is yes if you’re careful and go slow. The last three miles in general has gotten more challenging. You could probably make it down to the overlook as well if you stacked some rocks in some key locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom