200 series picture thread (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello
I`m new to this forum, i would like to share som pictures of my vdj200 on 20x10 et40 wheels with 305/55 cooper tiers.
first picture ahc low
second ahc normal

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

Recon Aircrew: thanks
this rim and tire combo would not have happen if i had not found the information in this forum.
lots of good information in here

3 of a kind. Pulled into lacrosse game at Jesuit Dallas and this was the view. Now I’m interested in powder coat front chrome. Whoever you are.... it’s a good touch.. looks goodView attachment 1906744

Probably wouldn’t want to powdercoat front chrome...since powder coating requires literally baking it onto the pieces...& likely melting them.
But you could certainly paint or vinyl-wrap those pieces...

Probably wouldn’t want to powdercoat front chrome...since powder coating requires literally baking it onto the pieces...& likely melting them.
But you could certainly paint or vinyl-wrap those pieces...

Agree... thought if that after the fact .. whatever was used looks good!!!

We were there last summer. The stars at night were spectacular

View attachment 1904706
Great shot with the D750. Which lens were you using? I currently have the same camera and in the search for a prime lens. Lots to choose from but leaning towards the 35mm. First world problems; build the cruiser or new camera lens...

3 of a kind. Pulled into lacrosse game at Jesuit Dallas and this was the view. Now I’m interested in powder coat front chrome. Whoever you are.... it’s a good touch.. looks good

It might be plastidip. I did that to my front tacoma grill. Looked a lot better!

Great shot with the D750. Which lens were you using? I currently have the same camera and in the search for a prime lens. Lots to choose from but leaning towards the 35mm. First world problems; build the cruiser or new camera lens...
It's the Nikon 28-300mm VR. Prime lenses are better, but when I travel I tend to just carry one lens and live with the compromises it brings so that I don't need to lug 10# of additional gear with me or deal with swapping primes.

On the plus side, Adobe Lightroom has lens correction in it, so I can correct for most of the non-linear pincushioning when post-processing. Not as critical on a photo of the night sky of course (unless you're an anal-retentive astronomer who needs the starts to be in their perfect locations in the sky)

@Crab Sack btw if I was going to buy one prime lens I'd probably get the classic nikon 50/f1.8 since it's about $100 and is really good. If you take portraits get the 85mm prime. Other than that I'd personally look for the widest angle prime I could find, but that's me.

I used to have a Sigma 10-20mm zoom on my Nikon D70 and I really loved it for landscapes, effectively shooting at 15mm - nearly as good as the nikon 12-24 but half the cost and very slightly wider, though one stop slower. I had the sigma 30/1.4 and a 70-200 nikon zoom. With 3 impatient kids and carrying their crap around i just don't use primes much anymore.

A few photos of wheeling over the weekend with CLCC

20190216_130358.jpg

20190216_161145.jpg

20190216_134514.jpg

New ride for the misses, 2019 LX on 275/60 KO2's. Major brownie points were scored on this anniversary gift.

AHC in High

kSD13vv.jpg

AHC in Neutral

taMlFci.jpg

Explored a local lake and some backroads yesterday. The FSR going past this lake is about 100km long (with many, many off-shoots) and was cleared, packed snow everywhere except for a 3-4km stretch that had about a foot of fresh snow on it (and tracks from trucks going through). No problems anywhere for the LX.

yvDsPhC.jpg

euPDimE.jpg

Kw3SyMZ.jpg

Recon Aircrew: thanks
this rim and tire combo would not have happen if i had not found the information in this forum.
lots of good information in here

+points for perfect fitment.

I rarely see wheels that have such perfect offset (et40) and fitment for the 200-series platform. Perfect for beefy 305 tires. Doesn't hurt that she looks great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom