200 favorite Rock Sliders (1 Viewer)

what are the best rock sliders for the 200?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really like the profile of the Victory sliders, but I don't think I've seen anyone on the forum buy and install them yet. Anyone with direct feedback? I'm looking for something that improves clearance over the factory LX steps and offers some protection, though I don't plan to use it to hold the entire weight of the vehicle.

What are the least expensive sliders for a 2011 LC200 that can be used as steps for the littles? No angled sliders apply.
They're not terribly cheap, but Slee's Formed Slider Steps (not the regular sliders) are well built and a great easy step, I love mine. They blend in really nicely too.

They're not terribly cheap, but Slee's Formed Slider Steps (not the regular sliders) are well built and a great easy step, I love mine. They blend in really nicely too.

Their regular sliders should work well too. And cheaper. Although not on my truck…

I went with beefy Metaltech sliders for the kick out, 5 mounting points, and the AHC armour. Made a couple modifications for easier installation and higher ground clearance. I was very close to purchasing Victory sliders, they have exceptional installation videos but their product offered no protection for AHC globes/reservoir. Considering how difficult the Metaltech sliders were to install, I would consider going with Victory and combining with the Slee AHC protection plates

Just purchased a set of Metaltech sliders. I was on the fence with regard to MT, BB, or Slee, and all would do what I ask of them. Currently MT has a 10% off code and flat rate $99 shipping, making them ~$500 less than the other options powder coated and shipped, so I went ahead and made the call for the MT. Can't wait to get them in and installed! Had to do something because my factory steps are a little worse for the wear...

1694194269366.png

Just purchased a set of Metaltech sliders. I was on the fence with regard to MT, BB, or Slee, and all would do what I ask of them. Currently MT has a 10% off code and flat rate $99 shipping, making them ~$500 less than the other options powder coated and shipped, so I went ahead and made the call for the MT. Can't wait to get them in and installed! Had to do something because my factory steps are a little worse for the wear...

View attachment 3423482
I like my White Knuckle sliders but I think Metaltech is a good option given the savings. Honestly I think all of the options in the poll are great products.

68044460AA
This is great find - these are Hex Rivet nuts with Grade 8.8 hardware - they hold in place much better than the fluted design. I would much prefer to use these on an install.. and for $25 with all HW not bad when you price it out.
whew reading through 22 pages on sliders.... is informative and helped me make a decision for myself... Even though my 200 is not a rock crawler (my D90 does that) I seem to get into some sporty spots in it on my travels, so sliders are next on the list of must have's (then underbody skids)

Anybody have these? And if so how do you like them? They seem to have a completely different mounting scheme than most others.

'08-21 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser SDHQ Built Rock Sliders - https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-sdhq-built-rock-sliders
Without having this happen to me, I could see a situation where the center bottom "U" looking mounting point could hang you up on an obstacle. But like I have said before, I'm a simple man.

Anybody have these? And if so how do you like them? They seem to have a completely different mounting scheme than most others.

'08-21 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser SDHQ Built Rock Sliders - https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/08-21-200-series-toyota-land-cruiser-sdhq-built-rock-sliders
I don't have them but I like that a LCA skid is included in the design.

Though I know they're better for rock crawling, I personally dislike sliders which are angled as I want a flat step. That's a preference really.

I can't speak to strength per-se but they're .120 chromoly vs the .120 DOM that my white knuckle sliders have. My WKOR sliders have been stout, so I expect these will be similar.

Without having this happen to me, I could see a situation where the center bottom "U" looking mounting point could hang you up on an obstacle. But like I have said before, I'm a simple man.
Hadn't thought of that and perhaps that's why no others use the u-frame mount. It also seems like there's less tie in points to frame than other sliders so i wonder about the strength/durabiliry of their mounting design. But the 100% bolt on, no drilling, no tapping, no rivnuts is desirable to me.
I don't have them but I like that a LCA skid is included in the design.

Though I know they're better for rock crawling, I personally dislike sliders which are angled as I want a flat step. That's a preference really.

I can't speak to strength per-se but they're .120 chromoly vs the .120 DOM that my white knuckle sliders have. My WKOR sliders have been stout, so I expect these will be similar.
I like the look of the angled sliders personally. I Had them on my 4runner and never had an issue with short wife or kids using them as steps in my experience.

I think either material in those dimensions would be plenty strong as a slider. Chromoly is far more expensive which is perhaps why these are higher cost than most others. That and SDHQ seems pretty proud of most of their gear in general.

At any rate I find these to be the best looking aesthetically, but they are expensive comparitively and curious what others think of the mounting design. I think I'm between these and bud built with the kickouts and no top plate.

My vote goes to bud built sliders. I like them for a few different reasons. For one, 100% bolt on with no rivnuts or added holes. Two, angled 15 degree is a plus to me as it doesn’t add as much width to an already wide rig and I feel that it helps with protection. Finally, i really like the top plate for some added coverage from road debris and a great place to step getting in and out.

Just my .02

IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3856.jpeg

Anyone have part numbers for the LC rocker panels to replace the LX panels on a '14 LX when adding sliders? I am confused in looking at the Toyota parts web site and the local dealer isn't any help.

Anyone have part numbers for the LC rocker panels to replace the LX panels on a '14 LX when adding sliders? I am confused in looking at the Toyota parts web site and the local dealer isn't any help.
They are side specific, and color specific fyi.

They are side specific, and color specific fyi.

Thanks man! I love this forum and it is so nice to be back after the hiatus after selling my 100 series!

In addition to giving me good protection a number of times on trails, my Bud Built sliders have saved me from people who cannot park as well. This most recent was after sitting at the airport for a week. It appears continued to drive in they knicked my front door (or someone else did it) where the slider ends. No note. WTF is wrong with people?

I also highly recommend the SEM Trim Black paint for any trim pieces as well as sliders. I use Rustoleum Epoxy black (too shiny but good epoxy) and then top coat with the SEM. A perfect color match.

20240410_174205.jpg

20240412_145517.jpg

20240412_173600.jpg

17129687092911350237575329102587.jpg

In addition to giving me good protection a number of times on trails, my Bud Built sliders have saved me from people who cannot park as well. This most recent was after sitting at the airport for a week. It appears continued to drive in they knicked my front door (or someone else did it) where the slider ends. No note. WTF is wrong with people?

I also highly recommend the SEM Trim Black paint for any trim pieces as well as sliders. I use Rustoleum Epoxy black (too shiny but good epoxy) and then top coat with the SEM. A perfect color match.

View attachment 3605579

View attachment 3605580

View attachment 3605585

View attachment 3605590
I have same BB sliders. This also works great. Just don’t get it on your skin, it’s a PITA to remove.
Good paint match on powder coated BB skids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom