1HD-T H55 split case INTO A 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Yep, just like it reads.

To start, the gasser was a mess of wires that was quickly eliminated, really cleaned up the engine bay.

G&S Cruisers supplied this supper dupper clean engine that had the head gasket replaced, injectors rebuilt, turbo rebuilt and a custom fit H55 with aftermarket clutch(Greg or Sheldon could elaberate on this).

The FJ60 to mention is from Bend Oregon and is one of the most rust free trucks I have ever encountered (other than JDM), of course I am from Wetstern Canada were it rains quite a bit and local cruisers are 90% rust.

Anyhew the old engine came out this week and the first items on the agended were........

Move brake lines from passenger side to drivers side as they were directly in the way of the exhaust. Pretty much used all the original factory lines which rebent and reused, of course they were the perfect length. I must say the factory lines are of the highest quality with the ruber shielding in areas were needed. Zip cut the tees for the lines and re weled onto the axle.

By removing the old lines off the fire wall and placing them all on the drivers side really simplified the brake routing.

All this had to be done due to the exhaust dumping directly into the center of the brake lines on the frame.

Bits to come.

Wiring, mostly moving the electrics from one side of the engine bay to the other as both engines have opositte side starters and fuel lines.

Sound deadening material with silver face to reflect heat.

3 inch exhaust system with no muffler.

Some type of intake system.

12 volt run system with a 24 volt start.

Dual batteries.

Vacume 4 High vacume shift, need to get the bits and pieces to install.

Pyro and boost gauges.

Drive shafts relengthened.

Change out flanges on outputs to match older drive shaft flanges.

Lost of bad wiring needing some TLC.

Clutch master, moves to driver side, retube and weld on hard line bracket to fire wall and run new soft line.

Re-do all ARB lines, old brittle lines prolly first generation(any tips on how to do this best would be greatly appreciated)..

I will supply some pics tomorrw.

Rob

that, my friend, is going to be one sweet ride. Maybe mine next :) I can't wait to watch this build-up happen.

nice ... I wanna see those pics .. :D

coz as you know .. :grinpimp:

workless.gif

if you cant please detailed pic of the 1HD-T matted to the H55F

I looked long and hard at this engine/tranny when Greg and Sheldon were prepping it. An absolutely killer combination in a 60... Hurray for the owner!

Pictures and words needed at each stage, please.

M

Radd Cruisers said:
Yep, just like it reads.

To start, the gasser was a mess of wires that was quickly eliminated, really cleaned up the engine bay.

G&S Cruisers supplied this supper dupper clean engine that had the head gasket replaced, injectors rebuilt, turbo rebuilt and a custom fit H55 with aftermarket clutch(Greg or Sheldon could elaberate on this).

The FJ60 to mention is from Bend Oregon and is one of the most rust free trucks I have ever encountered (other than JDM), of course I am from Wetstern Canada were it rains quite a bit and local cruisers are 90% rust.

Anyhew the old engine came out this week and the first items on the agended were........

Move brake lines from passenger side to drivers side as they were directly in the way of the exhaust. Pretty much used all the original factory lines which rebent and reused, of course they were the perfect length. I must say the factory lines are of the highest quality with the ruber shielding in areas were needed. Zip cut the tees for the lines and re weled onto the axle.

By removing the old lines off the fire wall and placing them all on the drivers side really simplified the brake routing.

All this had to be done due to the exhaust dumping directly into the center of the brake lines on the frame.

Bits to come.

Wiring, mostly moving the electrics from one side of the engine bay to the other as both engines have opositte side starters and fuel lines.

Sound deadening material with silver face to reflect heat.

3 inch exhaust system with no muffler.

Some type of intake system.

12 volt run system with a 24 volt start.

Dual batteries.

Vacume 4 High vacume shift, need to get the bits and pieces to install.

Pyro and boost gauges.

Drive shafts relengthened.

Change out flanges on outputs to match older drive shaft flanges.

Lost of bad wiring needing some TLC.

Clutch master, moves to driver side, retube and weld on hard line bracket to fire wall and run new soft line.

Re-do all ARB lines, old brittle lines prolly first generation(any tips on how to do this best would be greatly appreciated)..

I will supply some pics tomorrw.

Rob
awsome!, please post lots of pix........a bit confused though, had read that the
HD-T would not bolt up to the H55 tranny but it would to the H151F?, does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Lou

I meant to get pics on Friday, forgot???

Anyway Monday I am on it and will take photos.

IF Sheldon or Greg pipes up they will tell you how to do the H55 install..

Also to mention this install was done a few years ago and from what I have been told a few thousand miles ago,

n2666s said:
awsome!, please post lots of pix........a bit confused though, had read that the
HD-T would not bolt up to the H55 tranny but it would to the H151F?, does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Lou

Lou, I beieve that Sheldon used the bell housing from an older H series engine (which will accomodate the H55), and an Isuzu clutch assembly to mate the two together. There was quite a bit of work done to this engine/drive train, and the price reflected that effort - $10K for the drive train I believe - engine, cltuch, tranny, T-case, all rebuilt.

This will make a killer rig, and should be good for 500K or more miles of fun.

Mike S

Ya pics.

Funny......

Well the camera is the highest rez possible and having problems resizing.

Rob

dieselcruiserhead said:
can't wait to hear details of the H55F mating either :)

Photos suck, but it the best I have today.

Engine in bay and working on logistics.
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00008.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Rob,

Nice project. That is going to be a very nice ride. You should hire the girl with the camel toe to be in charge of this thread. She would take the pictures and you could dictate to her what is going on for her to post.

-George

First of all, b-e-a-utiful conversion. It will be awesome when it is done.

Second of all, have the girl in every engine pick. This bosts morale for those of us that don't have the $$$ to do this conversion.

Oh Canada....... I didn't know you guys had camels on the island ;)

nice work,
-db-

As well, with the CT babe hanging around, you would have a good place to park your bike...

-kevin

Still working on the photos, camera is not coperating?????

Engine mounts today, I made good templates and could duplicate this set if need for a 1HZ or 1HD-T into a 60 series.

Lost the last templates.

Rob
DSC00005.JPG
DSC00013.JPG
DSC00006.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom