1HD-T H55 split case INTO A 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some more pics........

Couple of my garage sale 20 dollar tube benders that do my brake lines and fuel lines all Rigid.
DSC00034.JPG
DSC00031.JPG
DSC00032.JPG

So Rob, what exactly is the sound deadening stuff?

theSherpa said:

Got it from a Marine outfit here in town, will get the name tomorrow.

Still looking for some ideas on how to run the ARB lines more efficiently and clean.

Rob

Tapage said:
this part is for 21 splines input shaft . ?

Yes, 21 splines, 300 mm diameter.

rick_d said:
33421-60060 is THE counter gear 1985-1998 H55 for all BJ.HJ, HZJ, FJ heavy duty models.

If the mesh between a HJ/FJ input is the same as the HZJ (as previously determined by A.N. and Icky circa 1996) there should be zero difference in wear etc.

I see, I wonder if the Aussies are seeing increased wear as the input shaft is new and the counter gear is old (i.e. unmatched set)?

Rob, nice score on the benders!

Dave

beanz2 said:
I see, I wonder if the Aussies are seeing increased wear as the input shaft is new and the counter gear is old (i.e. unmatched set)?Dave

Or someone there tried a pre 1985 H55F?

Looking good Rob...

hth's

gb

I got the 5PSI switch along with the diode? thing that allows power from the key ignition to momentorely bypass the switch while cranking. What I was told it does not allow current to come back up through the ignition, kinda like a check valve.

Pretty simple, I am not sure the pressure will be high enough by the time I turn the key on, thinking maybe couple second timer switch may be needed?

Anyhow this was the information from one of the best auto electricians in town, guess I should not question his advise.

Rob

Some pics of the low oil shut down.
DSC00037.JPG
DSC00039.JPG
DSC00040.JPG

Couple of the switch on the engine and to give you a idea why I spent seven hours on electrical today.

Someone is a big fan of splice connectors, evil little devils.
DSC00043.JPG
DSC00045.JPG

Thats nothing, should of took pics of the fire wall and fenders, piles of loose wires, clipped wires etc throughout.

Gotta like toyota for putting the stuff for diesel and gass engines, in this case the fasteners in the fenders for the battery trays and diesel air cleaner.

Starting to wire in the vacume 2wd to 4wd, this early model did not have the plug in the harness like later model. Found the vacume lines on a old HJ60 in the bone yard, bonus.

Thanks

GLTHFJ60 said:
WOW that is a mess. Good job man!
DSC00049.JPG
DSC00050.JPG
DSC00054.JPG

rainforrest847.jpg

Today I took my old HJ75 shaft to Stewart's 4wd so I could photograph it with the later fine spline HZJ75 shaft as the ends did not show on the other picture I had on file. Rod , the owner assures me that these shafts are interchangeable and that the information I had been given by another person was incorrect. He has done this change numerous times and has had no problems as his gearbox rebuilds have a 3 or 6 [memory] months warranty.So it seems any cluster gear shaft from the 10/85 to the 7/99 will match the 1HZ input shaft.:cheers: gazza

The company West Marine rebadged this stuff under thier name?

theSherpa said:

Good to hear you disspelled that theory.

Thanks

Rob

bigbrowndog said:
rainforrest847.jpg

Today I took my old HJ75 shaft to Stewart's 4wd so I could photograph it with the later fine spline HZJ75 shaft as the ends did not show on the other picture I had on file. Rod , the owner assures me that these shafts are interchangeable and that the information I had been given by another person was incorrect. He has done this change numerous times and has had no problems as his gearbox rebuilds have a 3 or 6 [memory] months warranty.So it seems any cluster gear shaft from the 10/85 to the 7/99 will match the 1HZ input shaft.:cheers: gazza

Rad is finsished, moved drop over and put drain on bottom.

Built a bracket for the compressor, added fuel filter mount, replaced all old ARB lines, brittle and old with newer style softer and more flexable lines (nylon).
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00007.JPG

A shot of the monster under the hood now.
DSC00002.JPG

Thanks George, did you get your bearings??

curious1 said:
Hi Rob,

Nice project. That is going to be a very nice ride. You should hire the girl with the camel toe to be in charge of this thread. She would take the pictures and you could dictate to her what is going on for her to post.

-George

8Hrs of mostly wiring running fuel lines etc.

Got the torch out and a large socket and bent up a bracket, never give up the torches.

Also cut and rewelded shifter lever to drop on the LHD drive side.

Just for fun I ground the shifter to a point for maximum weld then put it in the vice and snapped it. The section that snapped was through the weled, I thought it would be on either side of the weld.

Been tied up in the paint booth for quite some time as my painter squished two vertibraes in his back.

High mountain sledding is somewhat dangerious even with a expierenced rider.

Should be in paint by tomorrow.

Tried starting it last week, had a problem with the starter????? One of those electrical gremlins, pulled the starter apart and installed the 12 volt magnetic switch. I was told the 24 volt switch would work fine, not sure if this was the problem.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom