1FZ Valve Specs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Can anyone point to precise valve specs for the 1FZ? Thanks for any help!

AB932AC9-296C-4747-8386-ED4BE5709148.jpeg

Last edited:
You kick Google's a**. Might I trouble you for the length and notch placement, and perhaps the spring specs? (I'm seeing some aftermarket listing 98.1mm valve length; spring specs vary.)
valve spring specs.png

Amazingly......all of mine were well withing 'spec' even at 316K miles.
Press1.jpg
Press2.jpg

Press5.jpg

Press7.jpg

Last edited:
That's impressive--and good to know they're likely still in spec at 237k. What I'm looking for is info that would allow me to figure out, for example, which (if any) of these are stock spec (link is to springs, ignore the text)...

And why are they all dual-spring?

Each set specs listed, for example, the
SPRK-H1002D-1FZ kit...
  • Seat Pressure: 50 @ 36.20
  • Open Pressure: 160 @ 11
  • Max Lift: 14.00mm
  • Coil Bind: 19.50mm
  • Rate: 10
  • Kit spring: SPR-H1002D
  • Kit spring qty: 24
  • Retainer: RET-H70/T1
  • Retainer qty: 24
  • Seat Locator: SEAT-H/N240
  • InnSpr.ID: 15.50mm
  • InnSpr.OD: 20.50mm
  • OutSpr.ID: 21.85mm
  • OutSpr.OD: 29.10mm
  • Seat Locator qty: 24

Last edited:
That's impressive--and good to know they're likely still in spec at 237k. What I'm looking for is info that would allow me to figure out, for example, which (if any) of these are stock spec (link is to springs, ignore the text)...

And why are they all dual-spring?

Each set specs listed, for example, the
SPRK-H1002D-1FZ kit...
  • Open Pressure: 160 @ 11
  • Max Lift: 14.00mm
  • Coil Bind: 19.50mm
  • Rate: 10
  • Kit spring: SPR-H1002D
  • Kit spring qty: 24
  • Retainer: RET-H70/T1
  • Retainer qty: 24
  • Seat Locator: SEAT-H/N240
  • InnSpr.ID: 15.50mm
  • InnSpr.OD: 20.50mm
  • OutSpr.ID: 21.85mm
  • OutSpr.OD: 29.10mm
  • Seat Locator qty: 24
Because if you need aftermarket springs it is because you need higher spring rates. For example the seat pressure for that Supertech spring is 110lbs @1.43". Compared to 53lbs on the stock springs.

Jeez, and that's the lowest-rated spring they have. How do you calculate that from the information provided above? Or do you just happen to know those springs?

Jeez, and that's the lowest-rated spring they have. How do you calculate that from the information provided above? Or do you just happen to know those springs?
50kg *2.2lbs/kg = 110lbs
36.20mm/ 25.4mm per inch = 1.43"

Because if you need aftermarket springs it is because you need higher spring rates. For example the seat pressure for that Supertech spring is 110lbs @1.43". Compared to 53lbs on the stock springs.

Not mention what the open pressure would be. Good way to wear your cam lobes out faster.

If the OP isn't going to Supercharge the engine and then constantly flog it to 6 grand.....he doesn't need a have dual spring set up.

There are good reasons for dual springs.....but most don't apply to this engine (if not built for racing).

A proper dual spring set could be had and would offer longer life and reliability than the stock set up, but why? Stock springs seem to last over 300K and handle any reasonable engine rpm.

Not mention what the open pressure would be. Good way to wear your cam lobes out faster.

If the OP isn't going to Supercharge the engine and then constantly flog it to 6 grand.....he doesn't need a have dual spring set up.

There are good reasons for dual springs.....but most don't apply to this engine (if not built for racing).

A proper dual spring set could be had and would offer longer life and reliability than the stock set up, but why? Stock springs seem to last over 300K and handle any reasonable engine rpm.
Sooo, no one makes such a thing? Because. :)

Sooo, no one makes such a thing? Because. :)

Sure, there is such a thing. I think even the manufacturer you cited makes them (or close enough) if you use the drop down menu's you can pick seat and open pressures, spring diameters, heights, coil bind, etc.....

But unless you plan to build a performance engine and really flog it.....the OEM single springs will handle everything fine. You aren't going to float a valve or break a valve spring.

Double springs will outlast single springs in most applications and in the rare case you would break the outer spring....keeps the valve from dropping down into the cylinder. But I've never heard anyone having a problem with the OEM in either area (longevity or reliability) with stock cams.

However....per your PM to me, if you have an opportunity to acquire quality aftermarket parts...there is nothing wrong with using different valves or springs. Just don't spend money needlessly in areas where the return in performance or durability will never be realized. Continue to do as you have. Research, ask questions, compare....so you make informed decisions. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom