1FZ-FE Sticker location on valve cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sticker looks very nice but not sure about deviating from nature. Kinda like gender reassignment. My 94 didn't come with but now I'm tempted. But worried that once I start I'll have Gazoo Racing tags on somewhere too.

As long as you don't put a track sticker of the Nurburgring on it. Every crashed car seems to have one of those...

Screenshot_20230729-114200.jpg

I hope I didn't just crash this thread!

I debated this important issue all week and concluded that no way I was going to toss some aftermarket sticker on my engine. But then when shooting the breeze at local dealer parts counter I learned that the official OEM 11291-66010 1FZFE "PLATE, ENGINE NAME" was still available. PLATE, not sticker.

Then when I complained that even after 30 years and 225,000 miles of flawless service I felt ripped off by Toyota for not having my engine plate included, the parts manager gave me $1 off the $4.76 list for the sticker plate. I then tried to get a free installation of the plate at the service department but was refused and told not to push my luck any further.

Things lookin' up here.

20230805_094448 (1).jpg

I debated this important issue all week and concluded that no way I was going to toss some aftermarket sticker on my engine. But then when shooting the breeze at local dealer parts counter I learned that the official OEM 11291-66010 1FZFE "PLATE, ENGINE NAME" was still available. PLATE, not sticker.

Then when I complained that even after 30 years and 225,000 miles of flawless service I felt ripped off by Toyota for not having my engine plate included, the parts manager gave me $1 off the $4.76 list for the sticker plate. I then tried to get a free installation of the plate at the service department but was refused and told not to push my luck any further.

Things lookin' up here.

View attachment 3393218
at todays' shop rates; consider yourself lucky they didn't do an install of your "plate." They would have likely screwed something up like a rear locker, etc.

Things lookin' up here.

View attachment 3393218

What's the book time on an engine name plate installation?

Gotta be at least 4 hours.

Cleaning, disassembly, installation, calibration, road test . . .

I bet she drives like a dream now your cruiser can confidently and securely identify as being an 4500 Inline 6, and not question whether it is in fact a Prius under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom