1999 75 Series Cruiser Constant Power to Accessory's When Keys off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day Guys I've got a small issue and looking for a solution, I have got a 75 series Landcruiser and the accessory's (eg radio, sig lighter and UHF) stay on 24/7 even with the key off and out of the ignition. If you pull the sig fuse out of the drivers kick panel all accessory's do turn off (same as if the key was turned off) and when tested with a volt meter the fuse has a constant 12 volt. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Cheers.

Use an ammeter at the battery with the ignition off.
You can find out how much power is flowing when the cruiser is sitting dormant.
Maybe the power drain is minimal when each of those accessories is turned off.

On my 2002 76 series all accessories, including the cigarette lighter turn off with the key.

As @jblueridge suggested, you can place an ampmeter on the battery to see how much draw is on it with the key off, and while it is on there, you can use it to check the wiring throughout. You know you found the source when the draw drops to zero. Best of luck on this, I dislike finding wiring gremlins left behind by others...

:cheers:

Hello,

It may be a case of creative wiring from a PO.

You may need to check the wiring for splices/modifications/hacks.

There is another possibility.

Ignition key cylinders do not rotate fully to OFF in old age. It is possible that your cylinder remains in ACC after you turn off the engine and remove the key.

Check your ignition keys and cylinder for wear.

Juan

Cig lighter does not work unless key is inserted and turned on.

However the lighted ring around the cig lighter itself will come on without the key and turning on the headlights.

Hello,

It may be a case of creative wiring from a PO.

You may need to check the wiring for splices/modifications/hacks.

There is another possibility.

Ignition key cylinders do not rotate fully to OFF in old age. It is possible that your cylinder remains in ACC after you turn off the engine and remove the key.

Check your ignition keys and cylinder for wear.

Juan
My money is on the ignition cylinder. It’s pretty easy to change assuming you can get an OEM one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom