Builds 1997 Lexus LX450 - Rexus the 500 HP LS SWAPPED LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

13267777_10153766351582637_3739131306485650464_n.jpg
13256447_10153766351567637_7008567607362197335_n.jpg
13267824_10153766351522637_4828461012686645978_n.jpg

I finally got around to making a storage system for the cruiser.... while I won't call it an expo rig all that much it is nice to have when I do want to expo it up

some 3/4" plywood, a single 2x2, some wood screws, wood glue a bunch of beer and creative thinking as I'm building I have a shell and a fridge slide

the idea is the back storage is going to be my dry storage with a piano hinge, the smaller front drawer is going to be my tool drawer, I'm going to see about sourcing some foam to cut out and drop tools in. The larger drawer will depend on the wheeling trip, camping drawer of spare parts and fluids hahahah, I have to right side still available to store parts, slings and so on

Not sure how much digging into tool storage you have done yet. I found that rolls work really well too. They hold everything nice and tight, and when you need it its easy to remove the entire set and take it with you as opposed to everything singles once taken out of the foam.
Just a thought.

was in moab for a few days again BFE - 7 mile rim - cameo cliffs - trifecta - moab rim - flat iron mesa - steel bender

could have probably gotte more in but I got drunk a few too many nights, finally met @woody and his BJ74 is unreal

at a bit of a cross roads now..... im thinking its time to resolve steering all together while it held up and did not leak during my trip down south having to strong arm the steering got old quick

So my next plans of attack are

- hydro assist setup with a 1 ton TRE upgrade more than likely however using EMF links ;) and solid rod spun on a lathe
- clearancing the wheel wells for 40's ;)
- 14" shock setup - probably going to see about some 14 full stroke in the body from ADS
- potentially switch to my OME comp springs that I have sitting in the garage
- some body work clean up (weld all the holes closed (Im grabbing some fenders from another rig as this will speed things up)
- potentially fab up a whole different rear bumper (i got tired of dragging bumper everywhere, seans bumpers are stout, but i got tired of feeling fat)
- looking at engine options

knock knock, knock goes the engine........ so yah....... out comes a 4.5 in goes Im not sure yet...... but rexus is out for the count

s***ty... I know the feeling. My engine comes back from the machine shop this next week, in its 4.6 bored over glory.

i scored a nicely built LS setup :p L76 6.0L with a good port and polish, camed, forged internals and and and..... why so much because the deal was right P and I know the history of the motor
on the hunt for a 4l80e and waiting on my harness and ecu tuned for my application :p

Last edited:
Josh over at Team 208 is getting me a harness setup for the LS side, leaving me lots of wire to work with the splice the 2 harnesses together, hes also cutting me a custom cam for the LS as the current cam is a little aggressive, last time this motor ran it put down around 425 at the wheels in the race truck

Ill be tearing it down a bit, replacing some gaskets and ensuring everything is happy
Its got a set of custom port and polished heads, full dry sump setup with oil filter relocation, full competition rollers and rockers, pushrods and so on... fully forged bottom end with an 11:1 compression ratio, having the cam cut to support up to 6500 rpm but chances are ill rarely see that!

Im working on figuring out the 4l80e purchase, more than likely going to just grab one local and refresh it with some goodies to hold a bit more power

Ill be placing my order on the Marks 4l80e adapter soon, so if anyone has one lying around they want to sell cough cough hahahahaha
Dirty Dingo brackets are en route
Seriously considering the terrain tamer overdrive gears for the t-case, as that 10% may save me from regearing :D

Its all coming together, some small details to hash out, mainly need to figure out how to tell the wife 10k disappeared from the bank account mysteriously

was looking through some EWD's for the 97 LX450 they are definetly different than other generations\

I should be able to start deciphering what I need and dont need over the next couple weeks
Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 9.44.12 PM.png
IL1 Pin Out.PNG
IL2 Pin out.PNG

ill do my best to keep it detailed! and i know youll atleast get to see it in person ;)

things are about to get real :D
f7d685b21d978f6dcdbafb06b79a7649.jpg

c460fa06fe8ea211dbd413498060b8ad.jpg

7a17c5c54ab140832eb6657288f5b713.jpg

20160919_154202_HDR.jpg
20160919_153230_HDR.jpg

so im more than likely going to change my fuel lines from factory sizes to a 1/2" SS tubing and adapt the flex portions with AN braided fuel hose

going to place an order for these this week at 88 bucks for 4 fittings
SS-810-6-8AN.jpg

than ill either use a regular p-clamp or thse cushion clamps @ 5.50 a piece
304-S3T-PP-8T.jpg

my new transmission lines will more than likely be a stainless piece of a 1/2 tubing as well when I get there to help keep everything tidy

So its been a little quiet around here as I've been collecting/awaiting parts, this build by no means has been cheap hahahahaha

so a few things going on have slowed me down for sure and I know its not a picture, but I promise next update when Im home in 2 weeks will have an update thats more interesting

so what im waiting on is my harness, cam and PCM (if its the right PCM, ill actually be using the pcm to control the trans so thats one thing im waiting for)

Next I have a few things I know I need to order
Drive By Cable throttle body
tubing to AN flare adapter
oil lines, power steering lines, brake lines, hydroboost lines
oil cooler
trans cooler
oil filter relocate kit
oil filters
a boat load of evans waterless coolant (probably going to cost me more than the entire build hahahahaha)
some battery cable and connectors.......

things I still need to figure out
transmission shifter linkage bracket
4-low shifter adapter( more than likely going to see if dan has one from a 3fe kicking around with the 1st gen trans as that what the brackets are built from mark 4wd
exhaust....... not sure who to send it to, maybe perhaps build a welder and scab something together but not sure I want to, i'd rather pay some one a few hundred to have it done nicely and right (that said I need some 3" mandrel bent 304 exhaust pipe (also talking with BAMmuffler about building me a helmholtz for this ;) ))
do I want AC or not...... I think I do.... but I think ill wait a year
interior carpet replace, rewire all accesory wiring.....
new batteries

things sitting waiting at home
new water pump
new steelnutz rad
new team208 custom cam
new wiring harness
new PSC p-pump power steering setup
new goatbilt alternator and powersteering brackets
new trans shifter linkage
4 speed shifter from early model 80
transmission all assembled and ready to roll
mark 4wd adapter
dirty dingo mounts
fan controller
and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of misc parts......

Last edited:
tackled the trans only to realize im going to more than likely have to take it apart........
I need to install my speed sensor.... retrofit kit is sitting at home......

however the HD2 transgo shift kit is installed, fresh seals and new clutches as they were showing stress cracks

20170119_112756(1)(1).jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom