Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Onur I was just talking with Sean about getting some of that light bronze tint done - similar to what is on the 80 series. The truck already has an awful lot of dark green and black so dark tinted windows may be a bit much. But it needs some tint so we will see what we can come up with to make it pop.

70% windshield, 50% everywhere else in black ceramic is my vote.

Okay I totally jinxed it by even thinking the truck might be painted this week. Like most paint jobs go, nothing was done this week.

But let’s turn to some good news. Speakers and how they mount. Man, @c2dfj45 gets some good stuff from Australia. These speaker pods and storage units are great. The construction is awesome and the fit is fantastic. Plus, Chris is a great guy to work with on this stuff. I ordered units for my front and rear doors and picked them up a couple weeks back when I flew down to Tampa to hang out with Chris and his crew. For now they are just mocked up on the door panels and waiting on the truck to get back from paint.

They will accommodate some nice 6.5” speakers all around and really improve on my current speaker system which consists of a single working dash speaker.

D1209677-5ACE-4274-9AC2-425D4C1140C2.jpeg
023AF80B-57FA-4CAA-9839-74F0FFC4C39F.jpeg
81C9064A-EA69-4381-82B2-E56CBD9BAE38.jpeg

70% windshield, 50% everywhere else in black ceramic is my vote.

3m Crystalline 70 or Llumar Air 80 on all windows......these trucks look killer with that slight blue tint to them.

Okay I totally jinxed it by even thinking the truck might be painted this week. Like most paint jobs go, nothing was done this week.

But let’s turn to some good news. Speakers and how they mount. Man, @c2dfj45 gets some good stuff from Australia. These speaker pods and storage units are great. The construction is awesome and the fit is fantastic. Plus, Chris is a great guy to work with on this stuff. I ordered units for my front and rear doors and picked them up a couple weeks back when I flew down to Tampa to hang out with Chris and his crew. For now they are just mocked up on the door panels and waiting on the truck to get back from paint.

They will accommodate some nice 6.5” speakers all around and really improve on my current speaker system which consists of a single working dash speaker.

View attachment 2404209View attachment 2404210View attachment 2404211
Those rears look great! Fist set we've sold......should make for some real good sound too. Any idea on which speakers you will go with?

Yep....those are good ones...just don't use the grills they supply :)

The pics above with the ARB and winch were our first test fit. I have never fit this combo on a 70-series. The Comeup DV-12 is one big winch, looking at it I had doubts it was going to fit.

Well obviously it fit. So yesterday we decided to fit it better than when we just tossed it on to see how things fit. We pulled the bumper and clocked the winch.

View attachment 2071919View attachment 2071920

Everything is better now, cleaner look and easier to use the engage lever. We will get it back on the Cruiser today. I think we are still going to add some synthetic rope and some Factor55 goodies.

The Cruiser overall is in good shape. It does have some issues here and there, exhaust is pretty scabby for example but overall it is nice and solid.

Cheers
Don't you have a 24v system?

@digitalbuck it’s a 24 volt winch. The “12” indicates it’s a 12,000 lb winch. It comes in 12 and 24 volt models.
Thanks for clearing that up. Are you happy with it? I saw earlier in the thread you were planning on a comeup winch. I have a hzj77 and just have my old 12v smittybuilt on it and need to upgrade.

Thanks for clearing that up. Are you happy with it? I saw earlier in the thread you were planning on a comeup winch. I have a hzj77 and just have my old 12v smittybuilt on it and need to upgrade.
@digitalbuck yes very pleased with it. I have four other 12 volt Comeup winches so you could say I’m a fan.

Where you get these from? Link please.

View attachment 2404209View attachment 2404210View attachment 2404211
Where you get these from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom