SOLD 1991 Land Cruiser HDJ-81 - SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1504832
SDC10223.JPG
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ-81

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ-81

The Land Cruiser was imported about 10 years ago now. I am planning to go back to school and it is my secondary ride so I've painfully decided to try and sell it. Not only that, but I have moved to an area where I don't have a shop so doing any maintenance myself is tough.
The JDM import grades for exterior and interior where A and B upon arrival. I have installed a 4" Slee lift kit in, 35" Toyo Open Country MT's, added a Baja Roof Rack, had a custom 3" exhaust installed and muffler installed with the exhaust exiting in front of the rear drivers side tire, EGT pyrometer installed, installed the famous Ebay HID headlight assembly (which are actually still going strong and have done quite well IMO), I added a 7" GPS head unit, routed wires for lights on the roof rack, and rewired the factory in cab suspension switch to control the winch as it was no longer useful with the Slee Lift Kit and that factory remote did not come with the vehicle.
Over the years I have, for the most part, maintained the vehicle myself but if the job was out of my skill level I took it to a local father and son shop who used to work on Land Cruisers and similar diesels in South America, and was also part of the Nismo Track Team in Japan apparently. I have taken good care of the vehicle but have also used it as was intended, going on 4x4 trips and getting it dirty :)
Unfortunately, since I have moved to Vancouver I have had a very hard time keeping up with maintenance as I have nowhere to work on it and would be hard pressed to pay someone to do the work that needs to be done as I’m saving for school. I haven't used it much in the last year and for the past six months it has been parked. The engine and transmission are both strong.

So here's the details on the vehicle....
• ~282k Kms on the odometer
• Triple locked with factory Asin winch
• Automatic transmission
• Big end bearing was replaced in 2008
• Brake pads replaced 2015
• Front brake calipers rebuilt 2015
• All rotor disks replaced 2013
• Injectors rebuilt 2013
• Alternator rebuilt 2016
• U-joints replaced 2016
• Water pump replaced at 200k Kms
• Oil changed every 8K - 10k Kms with Shell 15w-40
• Oil filter changed every other oil change
• Tires rotated every 5k Km's

Now here is what needs to be done to the vehicle...
• The vehicle has a slight wander at highway speeds which may suggest the birfields need to be done
• The windscreen has a crack running across 80% of the length of the window
• One of the rear plastic interior panels has a crack/hole
• A/C needs to be recharged
• Hood hydraulics are shot
• Rear hatch hydraulics are weak

There are a few other cosmetic things that I will note...
• The rear hatch is starting to form a bit of bubbling from rust, about 4 cm in diameter
• The front bumper has been removed as the plastic clips that hold the corner pieces to the bumper were slowly eroding
• The Baja Roof rack is usable but in poor condition, as it has a few points of rust
• The passenger side body panel under the headlamp has a dent
• There is a dent and scrape on the passenger side column near the rear hatch about 2" in diameter
• The interior is in decent condition but the carpet in the rear cargo area could use a wash

Included with the vehicle...
• 5th matching rim, but no tire
• Extra power window motors
• Replacement Hood hydraulics
• Old water pump (in good condition)
• Three 7' HID roof rack lights (had 4 but one took a stick to the face)
• One set of original OEM headlights, one set of original JDM headlights
• Diesel jerry cans, if you want them

I'm sure I am forgetting a few things but if you have any questions please ask!
Sorry, NO TRADES.

I am located in Coquitlam BC, and I'm asking $12,500 CAN ($10,000 US).
I’m sure I am forgetting a few things but if you have any questions please ask!

P7140118.JPG

IMG_20170810_161307.jpg

IMG_20170810_161615.jpg

IMG_20170810_162308.jpg

Last edited:
smokey on startup and then goes away once warm or constant blue or white smoke when hitting throttle etc?

also has valve cover been replaced? and have u determined the source of the wetness around head?

auto or 5spd?

smokey on startup and then goes away once warm or constant blue or white smoke when hitting throttle etc?

also has valve cover been replaced? and have u determined the source of the wetness around head?

auto or 5spd?

Automatic.

The valve cover has not been replaced.

The wetness or grease around the head is from a bit of an oil spill I had a few years ago when trying to pour the oil from one of the Shell 5 gal buckets. I don't believe there are any concerns there as the engine doesn't burn oil, and there has been no other fluid loss that I can recall (coolant, etc)

The smoke is hard to describe and I may be making out to be more than what it actually is. It is virtually unnoticeable during the day light. It is grey-ish and is most noticeable in the dark with HID lights. I have a short clip that I can e-mail you if you like.

Wow. that was a lot of quick PM and messages. I take it 10.5 is really good for an HDJ81. What is a typical good price range? 10.5 is hot so where does it start to cool off in terms of too high on the buy/sell? If you know, just PM me. I don't want to hijack this for sale thread.

The smoke is hard to describe and I may be making out to be more than what it actually is. It is virtually unnoticeable during the day light. It is grey-ish and is most noticeable in the dark with HID lights. I have a short clip that I can e-mail you if you like.

Hey Tecbang - Saw you don't have a catch can installed and the air intake hose off the filter housing appears wet (oil). For potential buyers, the smoke could be a simple fix to take care of blow-by.
GLWS!

Very nice! I'm in the market for a new 80, but BC is a bit of a drive (plus a flight) for me. GLWS!

PM me if still for sale. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom