1991 HDJ81 Injection pump assembly replacement/rebuild for $2000 - $6000 USD? HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

My Injection pump assembly (part# 22100-17290 / Denso# 096000-6760) has failed. Its not pumping anymore. I live in the USA and have a imported 80 from Japan with a 1HD-T engine.

After poking around on the internet and found that that specific part is no longer in production. I'm seeing ridiculous replacement costs as high as $6000 USD with the lowest non-Russian supplier at 2328 €.

I was hoping I could find some reconditioned pumps from in Australia, but nothing yet. I'm not equipped or inclined at the moment to rebuild it myself. My mechanic is saying it may cost as much as $2000 USD to rebuild. I guess because the parts in the rebuild kit are crazy expensive.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Where I can send it to get rebuilt at a reasonable price?
Are there any other Denso Injection pump assemblies that are a drop in replacement?

To rebuild or replace would probably cost you that much, you can hope to find a well priced used one but those don’t really come around

I would rather rebuild mine in a reputable shop that I trust than buy used with unknown km / miles and service ..

$1500-2000 is normal pricing for a full overhaul of a 6 cylinder rotary diesel pump.

It’s in line with market prices for Denso rebuilds.

Pay to play amigo. Get used to it.

It's also in line with with big trucks pay for such work. Considering everything on it is out of the ordinary in US rebuild shops, that's actually a pretty good price. Plus if you go with a local rebuild, you'll have someone most likely to stand behind their work.

Where do you live? There might be reputable shops that have experience with pump rebuilds in your area. (Mine was rebuilt at DFIS in Portland Oregon)

Get me the Denso part number and call 800-950-2489 which is City Diesel in Decatur AL where I work and they can give you a average rebuild cost for it. Most Rotary pumps run 550-600 to rebuild and we are factory certified to build most brands.

I have a brand new one if your crusier is 12 valve and used good condition also available if multivalve (24 valve).

Check your PM.

It's also in line with with big trucks pay for such work. Considering everything on it is out of the ordinary in US rebuild shops, that's actually a pretty good price. Plus if you go with a local rebuild, you'll have someone most likely to stand behind their work.
Everything on it is pretty ordinary. It's just a bosch style rotary pump.

$6K seems to be high, but not surprised if it costs you around $3K for a rebuild.

Get me the Denso part number and call 800-950-2489 which is City Diesel in Decatur AL where I work and they can give you a average rebuild cost for it. Most Rotary pumps run 550-600 to rebuild and we are factory certified to build most brands.
Looks like those ### are in the first post?

I just had a 13BT inline injection pump rebuilt at DFIS in Portland and it was $1,300 so not surprising to see a 6 cyl cost more.

@McDowra $550 ~$600 would be a great deal and I'm sure you guys would have LOTS of mud business at that price for good injection work.

Everything on it is pretty ordinary. It's just a bosch style rotary pump.

That's good news then that it might not cost in the multiple thousands, but a single thousand remains a good possibility.

Does anyone know if

McDowra: The Denso part # is: 096000-6760

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I'll post to the thread once I have a solution.

Slightly used but in very good condition for 12V

IMG-20190822-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20190822-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20190822-WA0045.jpg

IMG-20190822-WA0044.jpg

If you're already getting the fuel pump rebuilt, you should probably have the injectors done at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom