1988 FJ62 Build – Weekend Chief (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got mine from McGeorge Toyota for $97 each.

For February, use code FREESHIP to save $25/wheel shipping fee.

15x5 wheel part number: 4260160072
Front hub caps : 426216002086
Rear hub caps: 426216001086
Sorry.. but what are the specs on this wheel? For some reason, those part numbers are coming up as not fitting my 1990 FJ62...
The wheel is actually black, right? And the hubcap parts are chrome solid in rear, and open center in the front?
What tire specs? Thanks... My current 33x12.5 r15 KO tires are getting pretty old, and due to be refreshed.. thinking of switching to those shiny gems. Thanks!
@Gundo @stevejantz
1614633836670.png
1614633884974.png

New here and reading as much as I can about this platform. +1 on the Speedhut gauges. The wife and I used them on an old Datsun 280Z and they are awesome, pretty amazing how custom you can make them. Props on the work on the truck so far.

Installed my new Speedhut gauges, courtesy of @FJ60Cam - love how they came out. I prefer the vintage look of the 60's cluster, so this was perfect. I went with the GPS speedo and so far, so good. The placed the receiver on the very front of the dash. Also went with the floatless fuel sender.

It's really nice to be able to see my gauges at night - the backlighting is great compared to original. The dimmer fit nicely where the original knob lived. Also pictured is the Alpine iLX-650 that I recently installed - still need to tweak the angle of the brackets to make it fit perfectly.

Also - notice my busted check engine light...does anyone have a lead on a new lens? The light works fine, just need a film/lens that isn't busted.

View attachment 2568625
View attachment 2568626

@stevejantz I was looking at these gauges.. and so glad you posted a pic of yours. They look awesome!
I'm about to buy this also. This is the 60 "Classic" Speedhut cluster? Not the 62?
I'm not quite sure what the "receiver" is that you mention? Is this for the Speedometer? Or the Floatless Sender?

@FJ60Cam .. I'm not exactly sure how the Speedometer works and the Floatless Fuel Sender works. The website doesn't really explain that. How is this connected to the Speedo cable in the back? Also the pictures on the website don't exactly match, and perhaps show different styles? Some have orange/yellow bars at the high or low, like in your picture, and others look different?

Can you post or PM me a picture of the receiver on your dash, or wherever?

This needs to be mounted with the Trail-Trailor bracket? I already need to order some trim items, and recovery points, and other stuff.
Thanks.. -Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom