1985 4Runner Valuation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right place but looking for some help. My dad is considering selling his 1985 4Runner which he has owned since 1986 or 87. We are trying to find a good valuation for it. It's 4WD Automatic with front and rear solid axels. Engine is 22RE. Fiberglass top is intact but it was painted at one point. The interior is original and in pretty bad shape. Bumper was replaced with a tubular type. Wheels are original with manual locking hubs. ODO has around 100K.

Let me know if this is enough info to figure out the value. Thanks for your help.

everyone on Mud is cheap, but there needs to be pictures for anyone to take a guess at it. Here are the normal questions. any wrecks, pictures of the frame, any tracking of repairs and scheduled maintenance, what are the things that need to get done on it.

everyone on Mud is cheap, but there needs to be pictures for anyone to take a guess at it. Here are the normal questions. any wrecks, pictures of the frame, any tracking of repairs and scheduled maintenance, what are the things that need to get done on it.

Exactly. Need pics, pics, pics. Automatic will hurt the value regardless. Any rust?

There are a few Gen1 4R Facebook groups that frequently have trucks for sale. Prices all depend on condition, usually, and really clean Gen1 trucks are going for over $20K on BAT. As said, pics help.

I saw a really nice white one FS on San Francisco craigslist lately with automatic and 22RE. Looked to be rust free with a mild lift. It was up for $10K, went fairly quickly.

Thanks for the comments so far. I will head over there later and take some pics to post.

Based on what you’ve said Rust is going to be the deciding factor in value.

Extensive rust = $1500ish parts truck.
No rust= $5k plus.

As stated the autos don’t sell for as Much as manuals and depending on what “bad shape” means for the interior that will turn a lot of high $$$ buyers.

Look at the MUD classifieds for comps, you can also list it for sale there too. Obviously condition and location are going to be important, then consider who is your buyer for that condition. Good luck🤙🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom