For Sale SOLD!!! 1984 FJ60, Houston Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She’s SOLD!!! 1984 FJ60, Houston Texas asking $10k 186,766 miles, price reduced June 20th for motivated buyer.
I'm the 2nd owner, vehicle has always been located in Houston.
Never been used for mudding, only few times on dirt roads.
All original except: bull bar, OME (installed six months ago), BFG all terrain 10.5x33 (installed in November)
Original bumper and ski racks included in sale.
Very solid ride and always been reliable.
I've kept up with all maintence and changed fluids routinely.
Only things that need attention are to put new struts on back hatch door and minor oil leak from main seal, I just haven't had the time to attend to it.

I can provide more details, answer questions or send more photos upon request: text me is best 281-723-6902.

Thanks,
David

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

Last edited:
Think you will have a hard time getting $20k for your truck on mud. Maybe ebay or Bringatrailer. It’s a nice looking truck but $20k is Going to be a challenge. $10k to $15k maybe. $20k is show truck needs nothing territory or decked out with all sorts of expedition gear.

Last edited:
Hey bud. How bad is the main seal leak?
How is the AC?
Is the pick up for sale? Lol
Thanks
J
Hi, main seal leak not bad at all, I just wanted to be as tranparent as possible.

I park it inside my garage and notice about a little less than a teaspoon over two weeks time. Never enough has leaked that I have to top off the engine with oil. Just annoying to me is all. Would fix for sure eventually if I was going to keep her.

AC is in great shape and very cool. Always has been since I bought it years ago. Here in Houston, as you might now, is scorching hot this time of year and stays nice and cool inside.
Thanks.

Update: had a new starter put in this weekend. First time I’ve had to replace.

She’s still for sale.

Gents, I’m still motivated to sell my 60 to an interested Cruiser Head. Really would like to keep her in the ‘Family’. Wife is accusing of slow rollling this and doesn’t believe I will really sell. She want’s it gone and thinks I have way too many Cruisers, but as you guys know there is never enough. In all seriousness, I would like to sell soon and I’m reasonably flexible and fair on price. Thanks, David

I should be around, I’ve got her at the mechanic right now tuning th carb up. I will check with him to see where he’s at with her. Regardless we could meet there and you can take a look. Thanks David

My .02 - In 2017, I sold my 1984 fj60 tan color all original second owner with 175k miles. Garaged it's whole life in Sacramento, CA with zero rust.
It sold for $9500.0.
It did not need anything. The owner drive it home about 1600 miles....

My .02 - In 2017, I sold my 1984 fj60 tan color all original second owner with 175k miles. Garaged it's whole life in Sacramento, CA with zero rust.
It sold for $9500.0.
It did not need anything. The owner drive it home about 1600 miles....
Thanks for the info Hamachi! This is my first Cruiser I’ve ever tried selling and challenge knowing what the market price is in these beauties. Guess it will come down to buyer and seller in the end. Thanks!

Your front shackles look like they are on backwards and upside down. The thin bar goes to the inside. Pic for reference from Cruiser outfitter website. Look at the pass side front shackle. Notice the skinny bolt to the inside and up high. That is how they should be installed. Also notice the military wrap (narrowing of the spring) on the shackle end of the spring. Your springs may be on backwards. There are some arrows on the top of the spring that should point to the fixed pin...not the shackle.

60_Series_OME.jpg

Last edited:
G-man I think you are right. I didn’t put this on a friend of mine did, who obviously didn’t know what he was doing. Looks like I need to get this fixed. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom