For Sale 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Guerneville, California 95446 United States
Mileage
Color
Brown
Outside Link
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/guerneville-1984-toyota-land-cruiser/7722995878.html
For Sale is a 1984 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60. $14,000.00 OBO

I have used this website to maintain this
FJ since I bought it in 2015, but I never posted before. Please text or call me at 7 zero 7 seven nine 9 zero nine 0 nine for anymore photos or details.
This truck runs great and always has.
Moving out of state and can't take it with me.

I have lots of pictures, please ask for specific pics.

I bought this truck in 2014 and used as a daily driver till 2016.
Truck was parked until 2018 when it was used as a daily driver again till 2019.
Since 2019 the cruiser has been garaged and used very little. Mostly to run kayaks around the river area.
This cruiser is all original and I have done very little to it besides fix what has broken.

I have saved all old parts except the carburetor (because the replacement was a rebuilt Aisan)

I have:
replaced gas tank from Toyota (recall, 2019)
replaced alternator (2018)
replaced battery (2018)
replaced the carburetor (2017)
replaced the smog pump twice (2015 & 2019, there is a story if you want to hear it)
replaced all vacuum lines (2016)
changed oil and filter every ~5k
replaced brake booster (2019)
replace clutch slave cylinder (2015)
replaced brake reservoir (2019)
replaced catalytic convertor and exhaust (2016)

The issues:

Rust: passenger door, showing signs around windshield, rear wheel mud flaps, front on hood.

Grill & Light trim: mounts for the bolts to hold it into place are broken, so the grill moves and trim around the lights are missing some screw mounts. I have a new light trim from cruiser corps that I haven't installed yet (included with the sale).

Dings, scratches and dents: The previous owner lived in Tahoe and had a dual side swipe on a trail with a couple trees. There are scratches and dings down both sides. The rear drivers tail light is cracked and the body is pushed in closer than the passenger side (see pics).

Windshield washer pump: doesn't work, it stopped in 2019 and I haven't even addressed it.

Tires and alignment: Tires are older, but look to be in good condition. The truck pulls a tiny bit, so I'm sure it needs an alignment.

Carpet, upholstery and interior: brake reservoir leaked down the fire wall and onto the carpet. Seats are in pretty good condition. I have always kept the seat covers on. The drivers seat is cracking on the side and without the seat cover, it would probably deteriorate pretty quickly. Passenger seat is ok. Rear bench seat is ok.

Exhaust: In the last few times I have driven it, it sounds like there is a new exhaust leak coming from the manifold. It is not very obvious, but I am hearing the change in the sound it usually makes.

Engine: There is a tiny oil leak coming from the head gasket (i believe) the manifold is just a little oily just under the spark plugs closest to the fire wall.

Hubs: rotating the tires last year, I broke two wheel studs on the front passenger wheel. I rebuilt the hub and replaced the two broken studs. The driver side is ready to be rebuilt now too. I just haven't had the time.

Under carriage: bought the truck and it leaked a little oil. Turns out it was the washer on the oil drain plug. It took me a few oil changes to realize this, so oil coated the engine and the under carriage until I figured it out. I have cleaned it but there is still evidence.

Radiator: No issues with the cooling system, but there are visual signs that the original radiator will probably need attention in the near future.

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom