For Sale 1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40 Better than Showroom Condition Unmolested 3 owner. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40 Really a trailer queen for the last 10 years or so I have low miles 74,000 no rips or wear in seats I replaced all panels in the rear did not need it but decided to do so did it right many years ago now.The appraisal guy commented its in better shape than new which I agreed on but spend hundred of hours my self & hired journey body guy to install the new panels which were welded in.This is the cleanest cruiser I ever seen or owned I broke 2 bolts dismantling the entire truck for the refab. The seats the rear mat everything still appears new.Its always been parked inside.The resto is 10 years old.New old man emu lift & new mud terrain tires.This is a mint cruiser located in Alberta Canada 86,500.00 USD firm.You will not be disappointed on any work preformed on this Toy.I have all the doors & roof even the keys for both different doors (rear & front)

2015-06-03 17.54.34 (1).jpg

2015-06-03 18.06.32.jpg

2015-06-03 18.12.58.jpg

2015-06-03 18.06.01.jpg

2015-06-03 18.12.33.jpg

the firewall is where I stopped it & the paint color was not dead on even took the gas cover in with it.Still breaks my heart.

Wow $86K .... you may find taking better pictures and showing hard top and doors etc will help. If you did rear skins you should also post pictures of the work being done in bare metal etc.

@scotty2hotty
For $86K, this is not an acceptable ad from a sales / marketing perspective. We all know that '83 is special, but the burden is always on the seller to prove it via explanation, documentation, pictures, etc. Especially if US model. This listing falls VERY short for $86K. If it really is special, please show us more.

Last edited:

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Ah, the dreaded hyperbolic thread title coupled with an unrealistic asking price.

Always a :popcorn:-worthy combination.

Seriously? How many hours went into the $.50 Kirkland water bottle overflow in second photo. Does it come with an authentic Canadian Appraisal certificate? It’s a great looking FJ40 with a few issues that really should be dealt with prior to posting. IMHO

Seriously? How many hours went into the $.50 Kirkland water bottle overflow in second photo. Does it come with an authentic Canadian Appraisal certificate? It’s a great looking FJ40 with a few issues that really should be dealt with prior to posting. IMHO
I have to say that when I see something obvious that is clearly jury rigged like this, it always makes me question what other questionable repairs have been made that are not so obvious. Especially when the seller says the rear body panels have been replaced and as another poster pointed out, something doesn't look right with that wheel well.

The statement that confused me is "I replaced all panels in the rear did not need it but decided to do so did it right many years ago now."

Why does anyone replace things that are not needed? Also, if your going to use something non-stock for the overflow bottle, at least go with something rare and cool, like a empty Japanese Yamazaki Mizunara 18 Year Old Single Malt bottle.

Last edited:
US spec 83's are rare, are CAN spec 83's equally rare? If the rust was advanced enough to require panel replacement then how does the frame look?
Seems like a low end, non factory, repaint would warrant a lower asking price but the market will determine the actual value. 83 40's are rare but $86k buyers may be more rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom