1983 Toyota 4wd pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The VW guys have been using Ankor Wax for a long long time. I've got some, have never used it. I don't mind the ever changing patina on my older trucks.

I am probably the only one who will say get it repainted. :lol:

I have never understood the whole "patina" thing. Sure, they are only original once, but if it looks bad, and the paint is well past its useful life...... And where is the stopping point where "patina" is no longer considered good? When the frame breaks in half due to rust?

It is the same for me when it comes to "distressed" furniture. No Karen, those "distressed" side tables don't look antique, they just look like you threw them down a couple flights of stairs..... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I will get off my soap box.

I think your truck deserves a new paint job! :cool:

As said earlier, the tricky part will be finding a paint shop that really knows what they are doing.

:wrench:

I understand that. My late bride and I bought this 4Runner 31 years ago. No way in Hades am I selling her. Too many memories, like you said. The standing joke is when I die they will put my ashes in the truck, and bury the truck.

View attachment 2113789
I like your swingout rear bumper. Did you buy or fab it? I’m in the market for one to add to the 85 4runner we have. We have the hitch mount type and it sux removing it to drop the tailgate.

6B343018-D667-46DC-9B7E-6BBABC79E3D2.jpeg

I like your swingout rear bumper. Did you buy or fab it? I’m in the market for one to add to the 85 4runner we have. We have the hitch mount type and it sux removing it to drop the tailgate
That bumper was a Stout Equipment. Sadly, no longer in business … though the former owner still is active in the Land Cruiser, mini-truck world.

That bumper was a Stout Equipment. Sadly, no longer in business … though the former owner still is active in the Land Cruiser, mini-truck world.
Bummer. Prob gonna have to go custom. Unless your looking to unload it😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom