For Sale 1978 Fj40 127k miles white with blue and black stripe. @colorado.cruiser Located in Big Bear Lake, CA/ SW Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
white
Hey Guys! I have given this a lot of thought and sadly I have to put my 78' 40 up for sale. It's just not the right time in my life to own two land cruisers right now and being that I grew up in the 60 series I want to keep that in my family. So my 40 is up for sale!

1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
127k miles
2F engine
H42 Transmission (4 speed on the floor)
Disk brakes in the front
Manual Steering (I had plans for an FJ60 box)

Ranchero Lift 3-4”
4plus U Bolt Flip kit
4plus Front Bumper
Shackle Reverse on the front
33x10.5x15 Toyo Open Country Tires (A couple of years old but maybe 2000 miles on them)
Comes with Soft Half Doors and Binkini Top from SOR.

Items I replaced:
OEM Toyota Steel wheels and hubcaps painted Machine Grey
OEM Toyota Lugnuts
OEM Spark Plugs
OEM Toyota Distributor Wires
OEM Toyota Air Cleaner Filter
OEM Toyota Fuel Filter
OEM Toyota Clutch and Brake Pedal Covers
555 Tire Rods from Cruiser Outfitters
Knuckle Rebuild from Cruiser Outfitters
New Master Cylinder
OEM Toyota Wing nuts for the top of the air cleaner
New Brake lines on top of Front Axle from Rainman brakes
OEM Air intake horn and hose holder from Classic Cruisers
OEM Hood catches from Classic Cruisers
OEM Toyota Valve Cover Gasket
OEM Toyota New Oil Filler Cap
New Headliner from Cruiser Corps
Toyota Oil Filter
New Bushings in Tire Carrier (No more rattle and nice and tight)
Almost all the parts that were replaced, I bought from Toyota. I know I am forgetting stuff.

Things that could be done soon:
Rear Main Seal (Doesn't mark its territory but is wet there under the truck.)
Rear output seal on T-Case (Looks like it has a tiny amount of oil build up around it

History

New Mexico Truck and lived in Colorado for the last 12 years.
I know the two previous owners, both cruiser people, kept mostly in the garage.
It was original purchased to be converted to an fj45.5 truck (extended cab) but they realized that it was too clean to cut up. It was reassembled at Wolf Creek Hot Rod Shop in Pagosa Springs, CO where it rolled around for the next 10 years before I got it.

This truck is amazing, super fun to drive, always starts, drives great down the road, a surprising amount of power for a 2F, and the badass stripe to top it off. I am sad to sell it, honestly, I have been putting it off for a long time. I'm posting it first on mud, hoping it can go to a cruiser head instead of a hipster but eventually I will post on BAT if it doesn't move.

One of the ambo doors has been replaced in the back, the paint doesn't quite match. appears more cream than white. But still works great and is in great shape. There are signs of Bondo on the rear sill. I can't tell if this was a rust repair or what. It's really solid so I am not worried about it at all. The whole truck has been resprayed a long time ago, so there are some chips that are appearing. I point them all out in my walk around video down below. Surface rust only. The frame is very straight, overall it's really solid. Bummer it got resprayed this really would have been incredible if it was original.

Currently located in Big Bear Lake, CA (SOCAL) but it is registered where I live in Pagosa Springs, CO. So with that being said we can figure out shipping. All of the emissions equipment is on the truck, I don't have to do smog in my county but with some work, I think it will pass smog if it doesn't currently how it is. I'm not going to do a smog test.

Please reach out to me here on mud, you can also reach me on Instagram @colorado.cruiser I can send you my number in the DMs.

Let me know if you have any questions or specific photos you want. I shot a walk around video and cold start and driving video that I will post shortly on Youtube and will link here.

Thank you for looking,

-Tucker
2C6A0193.jpg
2C6A0225.jpg
2C6A0149.jpg
2C6A0119.jpg
2C6A7407.jpg

Last edited:
Original paint? How's the rear sill? That is beautiful!
Hey! It has been resprayed a long time ago, the rear sill has been worked on. The walk around video shows every little spot. Almost to a fault, I'm just trying to be as transparent as I would want someone to be with me. It's a great truck.
2C6A0072.jpg
2C6A0075.jpg
2C6A0080.jpg
2C6A0082.jpg
2C6A0085.jpg

Bondo on the rear sill. I think that someone backed into something and the tire carrier hit the stop and crashed the bondo a little bit. I checked the backside and it metal and doesn't have rust. Just a smoothed out layer for the respray. Such is life for a 42 year old truck that isn't 100% original.
DSC02000.jpg
DSC02001.jpg
DSC02002.jpg
DSC02003.jpg
DSC02005.jpg

PM’d

Beauty, and seems to have been treated well!
Thank you, man its been so good to me. I have been going through and sorting out all the small little things that make a difference and bigger things like knuckle rebuilds and headliners. Its a great 40. But it has small spots that need attention to be perfect... but then again... if it drive and its good how it is, why not enjoy it.
2C6A0118.jpg
2C6A0149.jpg
DSC01994.jpg
DSC01996.jpg
DSC01997.jpg

Here is a video of what it's like driving it around. It drives great, healthy 2F, and trans. I was surprised coming from a rebuilt motor in a 60 that I thought was quick to hopping it a light 40 series with the 2F. It's a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom