1975 FJ40 Front Fender Turn Signal Hole Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
photonsquared.com
I just bought a 1975 FJ40. The front fender wells were repaired and the turn signal holes were patched i.e. they're no longer there. Trying to find out the location of the turn signal holes relative to the front edge of the fender and the vertical side of the engine compartment.

Here is a picture:

fender.jpg

Thanks

I just bought a 1975 FJ40. The front fender wells were repaired and the turn signal holes were patched i.e. they're no longer there. Trying to find out the location of the turn signal holes relative to the front edge of the fender and the vertical side of the engine compartment.

Here is a picture:

View attachment 2531348
Below is a picture of the turn lights on my '75 40. I can measure the X and Y distances if you need exact measurements.
Thanks
1627pp.jpg

Here is a picture:

View attachment 2531348

Thanks
Just measured my '75 40:
X = 8mm
Y = 6.5mm

If you look under the fender you should see a metal reinforcing piece that the turn signal assembly mounts to. Just open the hole from the bottom to the top.

If you look under the fender you should see a metal reinforcing piece that the turn signal assembly mounts to. Just open the hole from the bottom to the top.

X2 that's what I was thinking, cause if it doesn't have the metal piece the nut that tightens the turn signal down won't sit flat.

This is a new stk Toyota fender. If I look straight down the hole like the stud would go in, it looks like 4" dead center.
20201222_015557.jpg
20201222_015620.jpg
20201222_015743.jpg

Thanks all! The drivers side has the bracket under the fender and of course the passenger doesn’t. I can thank the PO for this mess.

you'll need some sort of bracket so the bolt stays vertical and the nut will sit flat against

yes look under the fender ...............

might just be the phase of my shop's day ... 🤔

you'll need some sort of bracket so the bolt stays vertical and the nut will sit flat against

Plus needs to be wider than just a spacer cut with an angle. That plate spreads reinforcement over a much larger area. The early fender were smaller with just a single hole. Only reason can see for these is one bracket works for either side and get the fender support where it's needed.

Anyone know anyone who makes and sells these brackets? One of 40 a PO cut part of the brackets out and installed KC Daylighters in that location. Both have stress fracture cracks but are otherwise undamaged and rust free. Got to love POs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom