For Sale 1975 FJ40 Elkhart, IN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1975 FJ40
Runs and drives ok, drove it to work most of the summer
4" lift
Excellent condition BFG AT's
78 Hard top and ambulance doors, rust free (color doesn't match)
Soft top and Best Top doors included
Seats in good condition
MAF headers and exhaust
Rebuilt Aisin carb
Rebuilt 4-core radiator
Pertronix ignition
Poly fuel tank
Frame in good condition
Drum brakes on all 4, in working order with no leaks
Lights and electrical in working order (aside from dash brake warning light)
New oem ujoints in rear driveshaft
New Fluids
Tcase bypass hose
Custom log bumper

Poorly updated build thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-75-musturd-build-thread.779715/

20140725_110624-jpg.921897

Last edited:
The 3/4 tub is rough but the cowl in nice, pics are in the build thread.

Would you separate the hard top sides? And ship? Probably way more trouble than it's worth to get them over here. Everything rusts to fast down here

Your 40 looks good, I'm surprised you want to get a different one. But I kinda understand. I see people post up completed 40s that can do 70 or 75 miles an hour across country and it makes me envy them and want to sell mine and go for a more completed one. But

...via IH8MUD app

The big push is that my wife just took a job across the country so we will be moving to Michigan, moving both 40's and parts is just not possible. Right now we don't even have a place to live let alone a multicar garage. I can let go of the 78 and spare parts I have aquired, but that leaves me with the 75 and a lot of stuff to repurchase down the line as I fix the truck up. If I cash out of everything I will likely be able to buy a decent truck I can live with for a long time. It is a tough and unexpected situation to be in.

Bump for good luck and an awesome front bumper!!

Now that is one hell of a REDNECK bumper. I like it.

I would buy it off you in a heart beat if I had the money, such a beautiful rig. Might have even seen you driving it a few times.

When do you depart? If its still available and I have an amount closer to what you want and I feel like I wont offend you with my offer then maybe something can be worked out.

20140914_150908.jpg
Departure day is October 10th, let me know what you come up with. I will never be offended by an offer, I just will say no if it's not enough and I do have little motivation to sell. I just rebuilt the steering center link and put the hard top on today. Doors are coming up next once the paint dries.

Need to figure out the rear spring situation as it's sitting pretty high in the back without the sand bags but I have another set of leafs that the truck will come with.

Last edited:
I will gather everything I can then. Good luck on your travels and its a beautiful rig. Its a shame you have to sell it.

i'm interested in this fj but just joined this forum so i cannot post my reply email. can u text me if still available? thx, scott 336-880-8405

Yes I have Colorado title for this truck.

Hi Kevin,

Just wondering... Is '75 the cut off year for skipping yearly emissions here? I seriously hate going there every year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom