1975 350 Swap Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a few months ago i got stuck on the side of the road due to a blown clutch slave cylinder. i purchased the master and slave cylinder but only replaced the slave.

as it turned out i had to pull the brake vacuum assist and master cylinder in order to access the left hand bolt on the clutch master cylinder. today i finally took care of this and pulled it all apart so that i could install the new clutch master cylinder.
IMG_3364.JPG
IMG_3365.JPG

no i'm not sure why they look that color. its just normal DOT 3.

From the outset of this project i had always just planned on running a serpentine system. functionality wasn't my overall concern i just wanted to have something nice and compact. i originally had a short water pump but finding bracketry choices so i bought a LWP and built onto it from there.

I've always enjoyed the simplicity of a surp. belt. I always carry the old one with me just in case, but never had a failure.

bit of an update. as i mentioned before i wanted to get rid of my hill billy high steer and convert to the larger diameter pin, knuckles.i also wanted to convert from my mini truck push pull steering to crossover power steering. i was able to procure a nicely rebuilt scout box as well as all of the parts i would need for my knuckle/steering/braking transplant.

here are some pictures of the new parts.
IMG_3507.JPG
IMG_3508.JPG
IMG_3509.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG

i got started pulling the old knuckles / spindles apart and pulling off my man-a-fre willwood disc brake kit. (these will be up for sale in a few days just in case anyone is intersted)

an interesting side story on these the person who sold them to me ( new ) had the original aluminum brackets refabricated in steel.

IMG_3502.JPG

here you can get a good look at my hillbilly high steer.
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3505.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom