1973 FJ40 Holley Sniper Coolant Sensor Install Location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi On the cylinder head I have the gauge sensor and a fitting for a heater hose I don't see anyplace to install the holley sensor
Where are you guys installing it
TIA

Like @Jdc1 mentions, I installed mine into the block drain location.

IMG_6218.jpg

With the sensor there, what kind of temp readings are you getting while running? Thanks
Normal days: 187 - 192
Hot-hot days: 187 - 202

This photo was taken back in April, right after a 325 mile trip from Woodstock, GA to Santa Rosa Beach, FL. The max temp I read was about 197 on the way down, but quickly cooled off....I did read 202 on the way back, but it was a HOT day and was only over 200 for a minute or two.

IMG_1300.jpg

Normal days: 187 - 192
Hot-hot days: 187 - 202

This photo was taken back in April, right after a 325 mile trip from Woodstock, GA to Santa Rosa Beach, FL. The max temp I read was about 197 on the way down, but quickly cooled off....I did read 202 on the way back, but it was a HOT day and was only over 200 for a minute or two.

View attachment 3078247
Thanks.

Anyone know the 2f engine displacement? Thanks

FWIW: I'm putting this here for future reference. 2F engine displacement calculated at 258 cubic inches.

2F Info.jpg

Can you tee into an existing coolant sender fitting on your 1F head? The block will take a lot longer to warm up....

"HERE" is some more discussion on this.

Can you tee into an existing coolant sender fitting on your 1F head? The block will take a lot longer to warm up....
Yes you can but you will need some adapters and a brass tee. I can get a pic if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom