1970 FJ55 - AKA "Buckshot" - Father & Son Build Project #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

😯😳😲 you sold Bucky 😒
Yeah... it was a sad day, but he went to a good home who is going to totally restore him. I just didn't have another total frame off resto in me. At least not anytime soon. That is why I am so excited about "Rusty" he is already mechanically sound.

Looks nice Matthew. Congrats! Still has the OEM Colorado plate too!
The tag says FE203 which is the formula for iron oxide which is basically the chemical formula for rust so "fe203 - y" = "Rusty"

What a great find. Congrats! Can’t wait to see more pics.

Yeah... it was a sad day, but he went to a good home who is going to totally restore him. I just didn't have another total frame off resto in me. At least not anytime soon. That is why I am so excited about "Rusty" he is already mechanically sound.
Is the new owner on here?

I noticed the plate!
Also it is a CO plate - where did this fine 40 come from?
It spent some time in CO but has been in Chattanooga for the last decade. It has some service rust on the frame, but nothing bad so it was either garage kept and summer driven or lived in a dry climate most of its life. I'll post more pics soon.

Not THAT Bucky!🤣
Yes, Not Dave Rushing's famous Bucky. He is infamous! :rofl: Mine was actually named "Buck-Shot" and we called him "Bucky" for short"

Last edited:
Dang... i am missing my 55. I want this one on FB BAD!!!!

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 9.07.10 PM.png

Pick it up!!!!
The guy sent me a video and it has a lot more rust then you can seen in the pics. They all have rust, I know, but $10k is more then I want to spend for one with this much rust.

Last edited:
The guy sent me a video and it has a lot more rust then you can seen in the pics. They all have rust, I know, but $10k is more then I want to spend for one with this much rust.
Better to just be patient and extremely picky.
Nothing like the nightmare of spending a ton of money on something that will need a ton more work when you could have waited and saved more, bought something better, and saved yourself the hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom