1969 Bezel Availability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Works great, measure 4x drill once. I have 2 metal ones also but went repro on this and saving a metal one for garage art.

16778562365788119423231502671809.jpg

Fwiw, this stuff works great to mask the letters.

I traded this one for my stamped steel to a guy in Florida. I love it. My wife got annoyed that I gave up the original for a reproduction but I always wanted the land cruiser stamped one. I just had to drill the mounting holes

20221020_173333.jpg

i like the fiberglass ones... will be ordering one at some point myself... they also have metal stamped ones at pacol
Just checked Pacolonline.com and I didn’t see them available. Also please do a search for Pacol before purchasing anything from them.

@NCFarmboy just for your info the original stamped bezel only came on
40 series from ‘61 to ~ mid ‘63.

yes pacol is hit and miss... usually miss on big things... usually ok on small stuff

Front Grill fits 64 - 78 - https://pacolonline.com/shop/ols/products/front-grill-fits-64-78 it is stamped land cruiser ... not pacol

pic from pacol:

10eec09b-94c8-494c-800e-4ece36cf4e03-jpeg.3236766

Interesting….

I read the description: “Front grill that comes with the lettering LC stamped on it”. Is LAND CRUISER actually spelled out?

Does anyone have one of these from Pacol? If someone does can you please measure the height and width of the letters and the spacing between the D and C so we can compare them to an original?

Thank you in advance!

Paco comes stamped with the correct verbiage, may come bent also as a local club member found out. They did replace it timely tho. They probably cannot advertise due to a copyright as other vendors have faced in the past. Example the 100 series mirror mount fiasco.

Paco comes stamped with the correct verbiage, may come bent also as a local club member found out. They did replace it timely tho. They probably cannot advertise due to a copyright as other vendors have faced in the past. Example the 100 series mirror mount fiasco.
Interesting. Thank you for the info!

Do you know if the Paco units have flared edges like the OEM units?

A few years ago, someone on here ran a bunch of stamped metal bezels....I have two of them. However, these bezels edges are 90 degrees not flaired like the OEM ones. Thus there is a noticeable gap around these bezels. See the picks below from this thread < click here >.

img-20161025-00836-jpg.1343057
187front.jpg

The two below are mine. OEM Cygnus White is the top bezel and Duplicolor Wimbledon White the bottom bezel. I think the lettering should be T-1169 Spanish Maroon?

1563847387246-png.2037030

I put some rubber edging on mine to try and take up the gap, but I haven't installed it yet....just sits on my wall.
dsc05605-jpg.1345243

Do you know if the Paco units have flared edges like the OEM units?

A few years ago, someone on here ran a bunch of stamped metal bezels....I have two of them. However, these bezels edges are 90 degrees not flaired like the OEM ones. Thus there is a noticeable gap around these bezels. See the picks below from this thread < click here >.

img-20161025-00836-jpg.1343057
187front.jpg

The two below are mine. OEM Cygnus White is the top bezel and Duplicolor Wimbledon White the bottom bezel. I think the lettering should be T-1169 Spanish Maroon?

1563847387246-png.2037030

I put some rubber edging on mine to try and take up the gap, but I haven't installed it yet....just sits on my wall.
dsc05605-jpg.1345243
I had to walk out into the garage and see the difference in yours vs what I have. There is definitely a flared edge on the OEM LAND CRUISER bezels. Now like you I wonder if the Pacol have it or not?!?!?

D507782B-7718-40A4-8FF1-0DF10AED200A.jpeg

44CDAD0A-A7E8-47CA-A74F-CBB83FAA8E04.jpeg

Last edited:
@kc_chevota can u verify?
That gap is why my repop is garage art . I had a stack to compare to on this bib. Rob just installed a Paco on his, if he's not skiing he can verify.

20230226_151304.jpg

i believe @Matcat was going to order one recently
I haven't ordered one yet. Chemo is slowing me down right now. I'm just researching at this stage. When my health gets better I'll start the process.
also, someone on here mentioned to me about a guy in Perth "@andybudge" How would one get in touch with him? Is he an Ih8mud member??

I haven't ordered one yet. Chemo is slowing me down right now. I'm just researching at this stage. When my health gets better I'll start the process.
also, someone on here mentioned to me about a guy in Perth "@andybudge" How would one get in touch with him? Is he an Ih8mud member??
Yes he is a member here. By putting the @ before his name it should notify him under his alerts tab of him being mentioned in this thread. However I would DM him.

16781158392295855682834806636741.jpg

This is the paol version, it looks like it doesn't have the reverse rolled lip, other than that it seems like a nice piece and fit well. As @tornadoalleycruiser mentioned my first one showed up a little mangled due to poor packaging but they sent me another.

View attachment 3265616
This is the paol version, it looks like it doesn't have the reverse rolled lip, other than that it seems like a nice piece and fit well. As @tornadoalleycruiser mentioned my first one showed up a little mangled due to poor packaging but they sent me another.
Thank you! Any straight on views? I’d like to see how much of a ‘gap’ there is without the lip. Thanks!!

Looks like they’re making those without accounting for the spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom