1968 FJ40 Window Seals (1 Viewer)

I just purchased a 1968 FJ40 and starting to disassemble to restore. Before I remove the windows, I would like to organise the seals that hold the glass into the body.

I cannot locate any. Does anyone know of suppliers that have these?

Part number changed 3/69 and 7/71. Not sure the 3/69 change but the 7/71 was a complete change on the windows in the hard top. The pre 7/71 I show NLA. To use the newer weatherstripping you need to change the glass also.

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by 3/69 and 7/71? Month and year perhaps?

Will thy the toyota dealer, but the vehicle is a '68.

Really want to remove the glass for painting, but worse case, which I do not want to do, is tape them off.

For a 68, the only continuous seal you can get is the windshield, all other hardtop continuous seals are no longer available. However, I went with CCOT, they have the correct cross section. Just cut approximately 1/4 to 1/2” longer...and use a little 3m weather seal adhesive.....,.and as the great Gonzo stated on Sesame St.....”No one will ever know”

Mark Jennings response is exactly what I’m about to try. I have a 2/71 (feb/1971) and they don’t make the rear hatch seal anymore. Found a nearly identical piece online that I am going to cut and use 3m super black to make a continuous piece and see how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom