1963 parts book (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
My dealer won't give this one up.... but they let me borrow it!

fb14ffa2.jpg

I have that and a pile(prolly 10+ others) of other ones. The real rare one is a 1962 for the fj43 2 door wagon! just like a 45 wagon but 2 doors.......ever seen one of those? I didn't think so ;)

pics from the manual
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/691553/1150077/33854769.jpg
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL55/691553/1150077/33854776.jpg

Rick D, has a "few" more than I do.......;)

BTW my dealer also has a nice stash of em. Sadly another local dealer had box of them, but they got tossed right before I heard about them :(

John H

Can you get these books from the dealer free or did you guys pay for them?

Those catalogs have been out of print for decades. There are very few extant examples left.......

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=1;threadid=5292;start=msg41491#msg41491 date=1063661747]
Those catalogs have been out of print for decades. There are very few extant examples left.......
[/quote]
Most of which Pimp is hording.... :flipoff2: :eek: :D

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=5292;start=msg41495#msg41495 date=1063662117]
Most of which Pimp is hording.... :flipoff2: :eek: :D
[/quote]

:D

most(1/2 of em I think) were found at swap meets for cheap, the others came from some dealer in Texas, any dealer worth a crap will not part with them.........

Whats cool is I happened to have a 1982 Toyota Salesmans book, tells all the specs, colors, features, how to sell a 40 or 60 ect......really cool book. Also found the paper 82 fj40 parts book, had the 82 fj40 brocure........and now happen to have 2 82 fj40's........ :flipoff2: Oh and I also have the 1981 Story of the Land Cruiser......the only(AFAIK) book published by Toyota about Land Cruisers......very cool book :)

John H

Yeah I was about to buy a '74 Brochure to go with my '74 off of ebay, but forgot about it and didn't bid. :'( I think that old literature stuff is pretty cool. I like knowing what people thought about them when they were new and coming off the showroom floor.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=5292;start=msg41541#msg41541 date=1063672544]
Yeah I was about to buy a '74 Brochure to go with my '74 off of ebay, but forgot about it and didn't bid. :'( I think that old literature stuff is pretty cool. I like knowing what people thought about them when they were new and coming off the showroom floor.
[/quote]

the old literature gets pretty adictive but I love it. the best US stuff is out of the late 60's and 70's by the early 80's they just didn't put out much in the US, the fj60/2 broucures are only 1 page in some cases :( Whats also fun is the old road tests(from the 60/70's), I'll have to scan some this winter and put em up on the web. The old Spector and Man A Fre catalogs are fun as well

It helps to specialize. :D Just wish I had time to scan this stuff. Landpimp, thanks for sharing what you have, wish some others would too.

January 1958:

OK, enough tease, how about a peek inside? Thought it was hard to get soft top bows? Well, everyone's used to seeing the "B-Type" top, try finding a set of "A-Type" bows:
:flipoff2:

Swing out front windows :eek:

SWEET! I have always LOVED the old pre 67 VW bus' with the safari windows up front. My buddies Dad had a 1967 21 window microbus when I was in highschool. We all had VW's at the time...we just drooled over that thing and the 55 split oval bug our buddy had with the turn signals that popped out of the door frame 8)

OK, I should be working, but....
Ever wonder what all those holes in the rear crossmember were for?

Rear PTO:

oooooooh now I'm VERY interested but...
THE DAMN PIC AIN'T SHOWIN! :(
Email it to me and I'll post it if necessary.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=5292;start=msg41865#msg41865 date=1063754512]
oooooooh now I'm VERY interested but...
THE DAMN PIC AIN'T SHOWIN! :(
Email it to me and I'll post it if necessary.
[/quote]

it shows on my end and it's SWEET........ya got to see it......WOW! :flipoff2:

i can't read it too far away

No place to host it - sent it to CruisinGA if you really want the rest of that TSB, I'll scan it for you, just not for a few days. ;)

Here it is full-size for your viewing pleasure. Just turn your monitor upside down. If I have some time (yeah right) I'll flip it and re post. If you need me to host anything, especially copies of cool old Toyo literature, lemme know.
Screw you Pimp
thefinger.gif

61TSB.jpg

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom