1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruising today to work out any issues. Gas pedal is uncomfortable. Brakes still need adjust or bleed. Leaf springs are starting to loosen up and flex.
20190329_112922.jpg
20190329_113307.jpg

was just cleaning up my old snap on box...this is like a snap on edition cruiser with that red. doesn't that increase the value even more? ;)

Driven it about 50 miles so far. Working on some small stuff today......like this modified shifter boot.

20190406_154429.jpg

Fantastic work. Looks awesome!

I remember when this rig was for sale, it was missing enough parts that it wasn’t the best restoration candidate, but I hoped that it wouldn’t end up a rock crawler. Your approach to this old 40 probably saved it, now you have a classy, solid driver.

Thanks. It's a fun little Cruiser. I don't have a ton of money invested and I put another one back on the road.

Sure, it's missing some cool early stuff, but over time those parts could be found. Hint hint Living in the Past......:grinpimp:

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy some old school Cruiser fun. Taking it to the desert this weekend to put it to the test.

Nice going! Wow!

Well, the 61 never made it out to the desert. The fuel pump crapped out on Thursday. The run changed for the weekend anyways, so it was not practical to drive it. Took the LV instead.

Bolted on a new fuel pump today and it fired right up. I also started to restore the steering wheel. I forgot to take any before pix. I started by filling all the cracks with JB weld. Then I basically treated it like normal body work. Prime, some filler, prime, sand, prime, sand, and now waiting to paint.
20190415_141917.jpg
20190415_132300.jpg

Nice! What paint?

Love this build on so many levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom