1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild

daner

I remember when this rig was for sale, it was missing enough parts that it wasn’t the best restoration candidate, but I hoped that it wouldn’t end up a rock crawler. Your approach to this old 40 probably saved it, now you have a classy, solid driver.

JackA

Thanks. It's a fun little Cruiser. I don't have a ton of money invested and I put another one back on the road.

Sure, it's missing some cool early stuff, but over time those parts could be found. Hint hint Living in the Past......:grinpimp:

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy some old school Cruiser fun. Taking it to the desert this weekend to put it to the test.

JackA

Well, the 61 never made it out to the desert. The fuel pump crapped out on Thursday. The run changed for the weekend anyways, so it was not practical to drive it. Took the LV instead.

Bolted on a new fuel pump today and it fired right up. I also started to restore the steering wheel. I forgot to take any before pix. I started by filling all the cracks with JB weld. Then I basically treated it like normal body work. Prime, some filler, prime, sand, prime, sand, and now waiting to paint.
20190415_141917.jpg
20190415_132300.jpg

Top Bottom