1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the brakes adjusted (for now) and bled. Pedal has great feel. Need to drive and adjust again if needed.

Bolted on one of the horns. I need to find the low tone horn for the drivers side now.

Test drive with brakes went really well. Gave them some good testing around my block. Stopped nice and straight every time. Next up is wiring......and installing some easy stuff.......like the side view mirror.

Jack... maybe I missed something; where’s the hood in all of these pics?

The hood and bits are on my back porch. Haven't installed it just for ease of under hood work. I will get it installed this weekend.

Hey Jack! Awesome thread, absolutely love the cruiser!

Just curious how do you register those old plates? I thought they couldn't be transferred?

As long as the license number is not in use, you can reuse the old plates in AZ. Easy peasy. All my Cruisers have the correct vintage plate.

Jack are you running original bib lights? I know the bib off my early 61 has wiring for two elements. Has forks on all three wires so guessing both hot were wired to the strip on the fender. Any pictures I had of the oldest one I believe are lost on a dead computer hard drive. Once I clear out the garage some I need to lift of a axle. Maybe could give me a hand. Get a earlier start could uncover the or 61 and get a better look including any wiring.

These bib lights are new ones. I am just using some bits and pieces from other harnesses to get it going for now. I have noticed a 2 element bulb in the bib light and wonder why it was?

I would like to check out some more items when your ready. Just gimme a call when you need a hand too. Was cool to see all your Cruiser stuff yesterday.

These bib lights are new ones. I am just using some bits and pieces from other harnesses to get it going for now. I have noticed a 2 element bulb in the bib light and wonder why it was?

I would like to check out some more items when your ready. Just gimme a call when you need a hand too. Was cool to see all your Cruiser stuff yesterday.

All the bib lights are for dual element lamps. Just a matter of soldering in another wire to have both elements working. The higher wattage element is the one that will be added.

Wow!:clap:

Well that’s a fun thing to do sitting by the fire!

Fireplace is season is a short one here in AZ. No fire lately. It's time for shorts though.

Got the main harness in the truck and mostly terminated. Just alittle bit to finish up. Then hope it all works.
20190322_190825.jpg
20190322_190836.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom