1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my 4Runner rock crawling days we would run the slip yoke down cause it can take more abuse then the tube.
I will swap it cause it needs to be like Mr T built.

I had a near perfect front harness in my stash and used that. I have a rear harness that I will rebuild and use. Then I will build a new main harness out of a few donors I have accumulated.

It's the little details. @pardion

Gas pedal installed and working. Used a mystery Cruiser pedal from the stash. I made a bracket to adapt it to use some existing holes in the firewall.

So is that brake line spring some old super secret stock or a repurposed acquisition from some local hardware store. If later, care to share?

I’ll need to make some tailgate hinges in the future, or maybe I could hire that out :p

The spring is a good match from the hardware store. The clip on the Brake line is oem. I cleaned up the clip and replaced the rubber part.

Got a few more things done. Installed some bumpers on the tire carrier and a nice new turn signal switch for the column.

The steering wheel I have is pretty rough. I plan to do some JB weld crack repair and then paint it up.

What paint you thinking on the wheel?

Just some regular rattle can.

This truck was missing all the front bumper parts. I know the correct bumper is different from the later years. Pretty sure the side frame brackets were different too.
Since that stuff is hard to find, I replaced it all with later stuff from Mr T.

Did some frame repair. There was a torched hole in this area. I wanted to get it patched up before I get an exhaust system.

Awesome!

Exhaust is done. Props to Performance Muffler in Peoria, AZ. This is the 4th Cruiser they did for me. Top notch and pretty inexpensive.

Exhaust looks great and so does the truck!

Man that looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom