1958 Specs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is surprising to see.
Maybe not surprising for me, but I'd rat
the lack of these two things in the 1958 have been known since release. MTS I wonder if it’ll be like the gx where everything is there it’s a matter of adding the switches. I will say I used MTS an handful of times in my 5th gen I owned a few years ago when new but other than that I never really touched it again. Another frustrating aspect is the inability to add SDM to the 1958. Ford did one thing amazing with the Bronco and they was the ability to add Sasquatch to any trim although they got rid of the base.

This is why I'd go with the LC trim and just find a cloth interior later on :) Easier to swap in cloth then a SDM

This is why I'd go with the LC trim and just find a cloth interior later on :) Easier to swap in cloth then a SDM
You’re not wrong in that point.

That is surprising to see.
I can see the value proposition for a pretty well equipped base model at $55k. But sometimes it looks more like SR5 4Runner content at GX460 pricing. Maybe it's amazing to drive in real life??

I can see the value proposition for a pretty well equipped base model at $55k. But sometimes it looks more like SR5 4Runner content at GX460 pricing. Maybe it's amazing to drive in real life??
No boxey BOF is amazing to drive in any life. They will still sell all at a premium because enough microwave glampers will think it's cool.

I already have a 4R so I haven't been following this as closely but noted.

No boxey BOF is amazing to drive in any life. They will still sell all at a premium because enough microwave glampers will think it's cool.
Not gonna lie - a microwave would be pretty F'n great to have tailgating at the ski hill. WAY more useful than the cool box that takes up 70% of the center console volume. Bonus idea - make the center console a microwave!

As of 3/1/24, the online LC configurator specs still show "Front disc brake rotor diameter (in.)" as 17 for all trims.

We've seen some 2024 Tacomas already get fitted with aftermarket 17" wheels. I'm not sure if the higher offset that we see on many of these aftermarket wheels would affect fitment of a 17" wheel on a 17" rotor, but I'm hoping that the spec is wrong and that we can still get 17" wheels on the LC.

There are still several other obvious data issues with that spec page and I sort of can't believe that Toyota hasn't fixed it already.

As of 3/1/24, the online LC configurator specs still show "Front disc brake rotor diameter (in.)" as 17 for all trims.

We've seen some 2024 Tacomas already get fitted with aftermarket 17" wheels. I'm not sure if the higher offset that we see on many of these aftermarket wheels would affect fitment of a 17" wheel on a 17" rotor, but I'm hoping that the spec is wrong and that we can still get 17" wheels on the LC.

There are still several other obvious data issues with that spec page and I sort of can't believe that Toyota hasn't fixed it already.
Definitely not 17" rotors. They're 13.3" iirc. 338mm.

17" wheels probably fit with the right backspacing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the rotors are the same from the 3rd gen Tundra, as they are all the same TGNF platform. You can run 17” on the current Tundra but it is a very tight fit.

Also regarding the larger OEM gas tank upgrade on the current Tundra… Upsizing the tank is close to $2k in parts. I currently have a 2023 Tundra with smaller tank, but am considering the move to a 1958. The ICE version I have drives and shifts great. Tons of power (had a 2017 Tacoma manual previously). It’s just a little too big for my liking

I noticed recently that the GVWR for the First Edition is 6835 lbs, vs. 6725 lbs for the other two trims.

All three trims share the same curb weight of 5037 lbs.

So, the the First Edition's payload capacity is 1798 lbs vs 1688 lbs for the other two trims.

I wonder if (1) those numbers are correct and, if so, (2) why the GVWR for the First Edition is more.

I noticed recently that the GVWR for the First Edition is 6835 lbs, vs. 6725 lbs for the other two trims.

All three trims share the same curb weight of 5037 lbs.

So, the the First Edition's payload capacity is 1798 lbs vs 1688 lbs for the other two trims.

I wonder if (1) those numbers are correct and, if so, (2) why the GVWR for the First Edition is more.
Probably the rock sliders on the first edition

Probably the rock sliders on the first edition
I thought that too, but it's not that the payload is reduced, but rather the GVWR is higher.per TWILLY.

I heard a recent podcast talking about how the GVWR can be increased by the manufacturer (and payload maintained) depending on the vehicle and what margin they have on the actual design.

For instance, on the Tacoma Trailhunter, they likely will just eat into the GVWR margin to keep payload constant to account for the added weight from the rear bumper and other add-ons.

Every video that I’ve seen of the Ineos off-road has left me unimpressed and this video is no exception. Its articulation isn’t very good for a vehicle with solid axles front and rear and as shown in this video the traction control system is poor.

I like the Defender styling but the vehicle seems under-engineered to me. And then there is the difficulty of getting it serviced and my concerns about the long-term viability of the company.

From the videos I have seen the 1958 does not have the “driver eye monitor” cameras on the steering column. The LC and FE edition I’ve seen in videos have had it. It would be a plus to me to not have that feature (seems annoying). Can anyone confirm that the 1958 will not have it - I don’t see it listed under features on the Toyota site.

From the videos I have seen the 1958 does not have the “driver eye monitor” cameras on the steering column. The LC and FE edition I’ve seen in videos have had it. It would be a plus to me to not have that feature (seems annoying). Can anyone confirm that the 1958 will not have it - I don’t see it listed under features on the Toyota site.
Correct. This will only be on the premium package and first edition, where traffic jam assist is an option.

Correct. This will only be on the premium package and first edition, where traffic jam assist is an option.
That might be reason enough to skip the premium. But I want leather... The cold box seems like a plus but in reality probably not worth it.

That might be reason enough to skip the premium. But I want leather... The cold box seems like a plus but in reality probably not worth it.
I love the coolbox in my 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom