17" VERTICAL SCREEN ANDROID 9.0 FAST BOOT NAVI RADIO FOR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LC200 2008 - 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope, you can listen to the radio just like in a regular car radio. You never leave the Android system. The only time the radio will close is when you open another media source such as bluetooth A2DP, USB, AV Aux in, Spotify etc. You can have the radio playing while you have another app on the screen like Google maps, Waze or Carplay.

That is big as couple I have checked out for 16+ LC do not let you listen to regular system while in android system.

Interested and watching.

That is big as couple I have checked out for 16+ LC do not let you listen to regular system while in android system.
There is only the android system. Its a replacement head unit.

There is another type of unit that overlays a android OS over the factory head unit but its more expensive but does retain all of the factory hardware, it just adds features to it that Toyota should have included (ie apple carplay, Spotify, mapping that works)

There is only the android system. Its a replacement head unit.

There is another type of unit that overlays a android OS over the factory head unit but its more expensive but does retain all of the factory hardware, it just adds features to it that Toyota should have included (ie apple carplay, Spotify, mapping that works)
I have bought one before for the 16LC which was a unit which utilizes factory Nav screen. One of challenges was that I couldn't listen to regular radio while in Android interface. Those units are cheap. $400 get you one.

Interesting ...looks like a cd or dvd slot on top. I have been eyeing these for a while, this one might be the one that makes me pull the trigger.

The only thing (I think) I would be giving up is dvd connectivity to the ceiling screen in the rear.

looks kind of cool, Not sure how i would feel about running the HVAC controls through a cheap Chinese tablet. While this setup looks great and really updates the 200 series, I ask myself if it would be smarter to just get a dedicated Galaxy or Ipad and mount as cheap electronics really don't age well.

I just picture having the kids in the car in the middle of winter or having to sit in traffic with no AC because it doesn't feel like booting up because the CPU got fried. s***... our military comm/electronic equipment doesn't exactly do great in extreme temperatures. So putting my faith in probably the cheapest tablet on the market in a plastic housing doesn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies

Last edited:
Only things I don't like is no rear dvd compatibility with most or all of these and heated wipers are also not supported. Not sure about oem and off road camera and angle moniyor

I've decided to not go this route. I talked to Phoenix and the major caveat is that the rear entertainment system would become unusable. Not that we use it anyways...but something not working would drive me nuts!

Would all the other functions be usable? I have never used the rear entertainment system in my 100 or now the 200. That wouldnt be a showstopper for me

Would all the other functions be usable? I have never used the rear entertainment system in my 100 or now the 200. That wouldnt be a showstopper for me

The wiper defrost does not work either. Not sure about side cameras.

The wiper defrost does not work either. Not sure about side cameras.
There is video demonstrating side cameras working. Also can retrofit with 4 cameras for “360” view. Also can add a dash and rear view recording cam. This all varies a bit depending on the unit selected vendor and android port

There is video demonstrating side cameras working. Also can retrofit with 4 cameras for “360” view. Also can add a dash and rear view recording cam. This all varies a bit depending on the unit selected vendor and android port

But is that OEM cameras or aftermarket? It was unclear when I researched.

what do you mean by wiper defrost? You talking about the front defrost? Never heard it called that. If that doesn't work that is an important factor. How do you know?

what do you mean by wiper defrost? You talking about the front defrost? Never heard it called that. If that doesn't work that is an important factor. How do you know?

No, there is a separate electric defroster for the front wiper (defrost strip in the lower front windshield) Had many discussions via email with the different manufacturers. None support it.

On the OEM setup, it is accessed through the touch screen climate controls. Essentially a strip on the windshield keeps the wiper ice free. Pretty handy. My 4Runner has it too.

No, there is a separate electric defroster for the front wiper (defrost strip in the lower front windshield) Had many discussions via email with the different manufacturers. None support it.

On the OEM setup, it is accessed through the touch screen climate controls. Essentially a strip on the windshield keeps the wiper ice free. Pretty handy. My 4Runner has it too.

I dont believe my 2014 has that so that wouldnt be an issue for me. I will have to look though

Hmm you talking about this button?
1577769699818.png

1577769966199.png

Manual doesnt say much about it and I have never pushed it. I do push the one that has front defrost and floor to get things going.

Havent had a n issue down low where the wipers sit once the defrost gets going. I will have to play with it and see if mine actually has it.

Since been driving it for 4 years just using the defrost I dont think that would be a big deal

But is that OEM cameras or aftermarket? It was unclear when I researched.
If I had to bet the demo I’d i saw was the stock camera. Was on one of the aliexpress listings for an lx

Hmm you talking about this button?
View attachment 2169717
View attachment 2169720

Manual doesnt say much about it and I have never pushed it. I do push the one that has front defrost and floor to get things going.

Havent had a n issue down low where the wipers sit once the defrost gets going. I will have to play with it and see if mine actually has it.

Since been driving it for 4 years just using the defrost I dont think that would be a big deal

Yep, that is it. I find it is great on a snow startup to keep the wiper free from ice streaks. A great feature. I park in a garage at home and work, but comes in handy at ski resorts or vacationing in winter. Definitely don't want aftermarket tech that does not support all OEM fuctions.

If I had to bet the demo I’d i saw was the stock camera. Was on one of the aliexpress listings for an lx

Probably, but I couldn't tell from listing, especially since they say they support add on cameras.

I'm holding out hoping Beatsonic adapts the LX system to the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom