15B-FTE mechanical pump swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But if we are talking in-line FTs vs rotary FTs, replacing the drive gear (and maybe front and/or rear timing covers) would fix that. Or do they have different engine blocks?
I think that the blocks did change at some point based on a few people that have gotten Frankenstein engines and not been able to put together a conversion to a mechanical pump setup. Top is the timing gears for a 15B-F (I think it's the same as the 15B-FT with a rotary pump) bottom is a 15B-FTE

1697857933009.png
1697858003031.png

I found the picture I was looking for that shows how the bolt holes don't align on a 15B-F(T) timing case and a 15B-FTE block. View attachment 3461214
Yes, the FTEs definitely got a block change. The middle idler gear is larger and shifted over and therefore the bolt pattern changed. However, the FT and F engines share same engine side timing cover gasket (11312-56040) so I would assume timing cases should be compatible. Gasket is even shared with the 3B, apparently.

Everything on that first picture is the same as a 3Bii and 14B. The FTE is without doubt different. I don't however believe there are any differences in rotary vs. in-line pump blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom