13BT Clutch Chirp (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks:

Hope you're all doing well. I'm now at the 5 month mark after doing the 13BT swap into my FJ60 and am more and more pleased with it. Power is good, mileage is excellent, and performance running B100 biodiesel is great.

I seem to have developed a slight chirping noise that appears to be coming from the clutch at idle. After the vehicle has warmed up I can hear a metallic chirping sound when stopped. The noise goes away if a depress the clutch pedal even slightly. It only happens once the vehicle warms up. Any thoughts? Is this something I should try to fix? Thanks in advance.

Long days and pleasant nights....

browndog said:
Hey folks:

Hope you're all doing well. I'm now at the 5 month mark after doing the 13BT swap into my FJ60 and am more and more pleased with it. Power is good, mileage is excellent, and performance running B100 biodiesel is great.

I seem to have developed a slight chirping noise that appears to be coming from the clutch at idle. After the vehicle has warmed up I can hear a metallic chirping sound when stopped. The noise goes away if a depress the clutch pedal even slightly. It only happens once the vehicle warms up. Any thoughts? Is this something I should try to fix? Thanks in advance.

Long days and pleasant nights....

Throw out bearing, you can replace it or just live with it, it should sound worse if it is wearing out more and more. You can run with it like that for quite a while. You can prolong the life by not riding the clutch at stop lights and what not.

Michael

I also have the "chirp" only notice it when my window is rolled down. Seems like its pretty common almost like the t/o bearing is a piece o s***e. If I ever ;(haha) when I ;change my clutch i'll measure it up and see if there is a better one available.

Hey moose there is a D50 dodge in the BST this week says it runs might have a turbo and just says offers in Vic. If your into that route i dunno

silvercrusher said:
I also have the "chirp" only notice it when my window is rolled down. Seems like its pretty common almost like the t/o bearing is a piece o s***e. If I ever ;(haha) when I ;change my clutch i'll measure it up and see if there is a better one available.

Hey moose there is a D50 dodge in the BST this week says it runs might have a turbo and just says offers in Vic. If your into that route i dunno

I'll pick one up this weekend (BST)....thanks!

Is a pretty common sound in hole 40 and 60 series TLC. Is you be pissed off with this sound remove the cover on the slave cilinder, and apply some spray lubricant in the bearing .. :D

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. Think I'll leave it as is for the time being.

Moose: I'll get right on sending you the turbo--hold your breath until it gets there :)

Tapage said:
Is a pretty common sound in hole 40 and 60 series TLC. Is you be pissed off with this sound remove the cover on the slave cilinder, and apply some spray lubricant in the bearing .. :D
spray lub ona throwout bearing?!? and you are saying the lube will last how long?
cheers

browndog said:
Hey folks:Hope you're all doing well. I'm now at the 5 month mark after doing the 13BT swap into my FJ60 and am more and more pleased with it. Power is good, mileage is excellent, and performance running B100 biodiesel is great.

I am really pleased you are happy with the 13BT. Poo will be getting one at some point, as it is the simpilist swap for me and I do not want the truck down much time. Next would be a 1HZ or 1HD-T, but I think from all reports I have been hearing about the 13BT into a 60 it's the right thing to do for Poo.

On your other note...what they said :D

gb

crushers said:
spray lub ona throwout bearing?!? and you are saying the lube will last how long?
cheers

not much for sure .. but if you hate this noise .. is an option, or the other option for me is change this bearing .. :D

for me, changing out the bearing is the only option. the problem with trying to lube the bearing is the heat generated by the bearing burns the lube off in short order...
if you want to have the bearing last DO NOT hold the clutch engaged at the lights. the bearing was designed to engage and disengage not sit there spinning under load for any length of time...

crushers said:
if you want to have the bearing last DO NOT hold the clutch engaged at the lights. the bearing was designed to engage and disengage not sit there spinning under load for any length of time...

Agree .. ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom