12 valve Cummins p7100 swap into a 95 fzj80 swap questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m interested and very motivated to swap a 12 Valve Cummins into my 95 fzj80 after doing extensive research on here. I’m not asking for advice or how-to as I understand most of the information is on here already. My question is does anyone on here sell a conversion kit? I’ve seen some post that elude to someone named duiser or Dustin that used to make one but seemingly doesn’t anymore. Im in the Portland, Oregon area. Any help would be appreciated!

4241315D-893D-4FA5-B3AB-7D03D4C25BFB.jpeg

9B815117-AC27-426E-816A-413A7DCDE859.jpeg

91C87B46-4537-4668-ADD1-5E5008915689.jpeg

I’m interested and very motivated to swap a 12 Valve Cummins into my 95 fzj80 after doing extensive research on here. I’m not asking for advice or how-to as I understand most of the information is on here already. My question is does anyone on here sell a conversion kit? I’ve seen some post that elude to someone named duiser or Dustin that used to make one but seemingly doesn’t anymore. Im in the Portland, Oregon area. Any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 2715479

View attachment 2715480

View attachment 2715481
Adventure Vehicles NW has some components you would find helpful

I bought through adventure vehicles NW and they are solid and stand by their product.

their communication has some room for improvement but I would buy again and recommend to anyone.
Thank you for the recommendation. They seem like a solid operation. Is yours pre OBD2? Trying to figure out how to make my echo happy

Ya mine was out of a 91 Dodge Ram. The NV4500 out of a 97 apparently. I did run the fj60 part time case but it was a little noisy, leaked, and I actually like the AWD case.

there is snow on the roads here (Calgary) enough months of the year that I really like AWD vs. 4WD for the drives down narrow steep and curvy winter roads along the foothills, also prefer for winter highway driving.

still in the process of the one ton axle swap so haven’t driven it yet with the AWD but owned another 80 prior.

If you want to go manual, then those guys that have already been referenced are the way to go. If you want to go auto, your options are slim. I have an adapter to Toyota autos that I am going to be selling soon, let me know if you have any interest.

Or run the auto and t-case that come on the back of the motor, and then swap the axle, at least the power train should be simple and built for the torque. Yes, it isn’t a simple swap but doable, and I think there may be something like D60 unit bearings that are 6 bolt, or go 8 bolt and 6-8 adapter in the back, in which case you get monster upgraded brakes over stock. That is the can of worms though, and part of why I’m going to one tons. If you get the whole drivetrain then swapping axles has some benefits I.e. strength for wheeling or towing, braking, more aftermarket gear ratios, high steer etc.

I like a manual for coming down a steep hill, but sometimes the auto makes sense for going up the hill, more so if you have to accelerate quickly in sections to get speed required (think winter wheeling).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom