100 Series Diesel No Cabin Filter (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

F46

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I can hear a rattling sound when my air con is turned on and wanted to check my cabin filters / replace them. Tried looking around online and at some tutorial videos and realised that my model does not have a cabin filter. There is a flat plastic face with the slots for where the original lid is supposed to go but no hole for the filters to slot into. Does anyone know why certain models don't come with cabin filters and if there is any way to retroactively add them?

Thanks

If you search the 100 series forums, you will find a write up with part numbers for adding the filter cover/door.

Reactions: F46
Your location says, London. If UK, be advised, the RHD part numbers are different than the LHD.

Thanks, found the thread you are talking about and going to give it a try!

Yes, where's the logic behind which 100 got the filters and which didn't. My 2000, bought new, had the opening, but no filters. Sucked out a handful of debris and added filters. My 2004 has no opening and no filters.
Btw, it's easy to undo 3? screws and clean the fan as well (at least on the LHD). I had a sturdy leaf in there which didn't want to give up without a rattling fight.

My 2002 LX470 has no door thus no filters.
Very nice every time you start the AC in the Outback.

Hi Everyone,

I can hear a rattling sound when my air con is turned on and wanted to check my cabin filters / replace them. Tried looking around online and at some tutorial videos and realised that my model does not have a cabin filter. There is a flat plastic face with the slots for where the original lid is supposed to go but no hole for the filters to slot into. Does anyone know why certain models don't come with cabin filters and if there is any way to retroactively add them?

Thanks
My 1998 JDM LC100 VX doesn't have filters either, but oddly it does have the little "door" that is shown in so many of the forums & videos online. But I can't seem to find the right size of filter to go in there. The one that is shown in all the videos is far too long (around 12") to fit. :-(
20240228_160737.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom