For Sale 100 Series CV Axle Puller Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I created this tool to help pull the CV axle of your 100 Series LC/LX470 as far outward as possible to aid in measuring & installing a properly sized snap ring. This tool is made from 16ga. 14ga galvanneal 304-4 stainless steel drilled and reamed on a manual vertical mill laser cut on an Amada Ensis 3015AJ and bent on an Amada HD2204 NT press brake. As of 11/24/21 I am now only offering these tools in the 304-4 stainless steel finish. All hardware is included. More info can be found in this thread - Wheel Bearing Service w/Pics. What I call the two outer "support" bolts can rest either on the hub flange studs, or the alignment dimples as shown in the last 2 pics.

PRICE IS $30 + SHIPPING. I typically use USPS Small Priority Mail Boxes so expect $8.65. Pm or post here if you'd like one!

What's included:
- 6" 16ga 14ga 304-4 stainless steel
- (2x) 3/8-16 x 3" outer support bolts
- (2x) 3/8-16 hex nuts
- (1x) M8 x 1.25 x 50mm axle bolt
- (5x) flat washers

Cross-posted in the 100 tech thread here - CV Axle Puller Tool for 100 Series LC/LX470

UPDATE 1/27/21: I currently have 5 parts in stock and ready to ship. I recently got a new job and I'm also closing on a new house at the end of this month/early next month so I'm putting my projects on hold temporarily. However, give me a month and I'll be back up and running! I also have access to CNC lasers, mills, and press brakes now so that should be very helpful for my future projects!

UPDATE 3/12/21: Currently experimenting with alternative manufacturing methods by basically making 2 C-channels that nest inside one another making the square tubing. I am having a few units cut using an Amada Ensis 3015AJ fiber laser, bending them using an Amada HD2204NT press brake, and possibly weld it in just a couple spots along the seam but still trying to decide whether it's worth that last step. With the precision I can achieve it's basically an interference fit, and when tightening down the bolts they only bring the pieces together even more.

Project To-Do List (Coming Soon!):
1) Emergency Flange Cap Kit - Eliminates the need for a c-clip in the event it self destructions at an inconvenient time. Will include a 304 or 316 stainless steel flush cap, axle bolt, & wrench
2) Spindle Grease Tool - Eliminates the need to remove the axle nuts/washers and altering wheel bearing preload in order to grease the spindle bearings. This tool will only require removal of the dust cap, c-clip, & hub flange. Can be done with all 4 wheels on the ground! I've been trying to incorporate this design into Project #1 by simply drilling and tapping a hole in the side or top of the flush cap for a grease zerk fitting, but the imbalance of weight and need for a counterweight is proving to be more than I care to incorporate in what's supposed to be a 'simple' tool. Plus the fact that it also needs an o-ring at the base to prevent grease squeeze where it meets the locking nut adds another level of difficulty. Will more than likely end up making this a dedicated tool but we'll see.

1.jpg

Tool 2.jpg

Tool 3.jpg

Tool 4.jpg

FDB553B2-58F2-43EA-AAC5-D6BD150A6831.jpeg

D6A65B19-75AC-450E-AC0D-E7EC7FC3A8DE.jpeg

B8C8D590-9ED4-4436-8F52-5433E66E4149.jpeg

Raw 14ga galvanneal steel before epoxy paint

3.jpg

Raw 14ga 304-4 stainless steel with no added finish

View attachment 2704061

Last edited:
Bump for anyone who is interested. I have 4 left in stock this batch!

Bump for anyone who is interested. I have 4 left in stock this batch!
I meant to claim one when you first made the post in the 100 forum but forgot to do so. I’ll take one!

Any left?
I am currently out but I placed an order for more steel square tubing Sunday so I’m hoping it’ll be here by the end of the week. I can put you on my list and notify you once I have kits ready to ship! ETA 1wk (10/28)

I am currently out but I placed an order for more steel square tubing Sunday so I’m hoping it’ll be here by the end of the week. I can put you on my list and notify you once I have kits ready to ship! ETA 1wk (10/28)

that works for me. If needed I can pay in advance

I'd like to order one, what's the process?

I would like to order one also. Sent you a PM.

Got another 16 ready! I’m trying to always have these in stock and ready to ship same day/next day. Finally settled on flat black enamel as the best coating for this application. If you've ever received a different finish, or if you were unsatisfied with the finish you received, let me know and I'll send out another piece of square tubing no charge to you. Just hang onto the hardware!

68BBC976-9355-4FF7-A57B-63F9410852FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom