'06 LX470 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking for the last 6 months as I shopped for an upgrade to my '07 Corolla. After deciding on a 4runner, then re-deciding I wanted a GX470, I finally landed a deal on a 180k '06 LX470 and flew to CA to pick it up.

A huge thanks to all of you on this forum, it was instrumental in my decision!

I plan too do some basic 4x4 trails, but the main use will be getting to hard-to-reach mountain bike trails and river access for whitewater kayaking.

I thought I'd put together a basic build thread, more for myself than anyone else. But, feel free to follow along at home.

The first step was to get rid of the worn out radials and add some 33s. After recovering from a mild heart attack caused by the price of good AT tires (much more $$ than a Corolla!), I found a 80% life pair of GY Wrangler Duratrac's (275/70/18 no rubbing) mounted on Tundra rims. I figure Tundra owners getting big lifts will fund my tire purchases :cheers:. Before/after pics below (not very good pics, though)

To-Do:

• Hack a Bluetooth module into the cassette player's leads for a stealth bluetooth conversion (parts on order)
  • Get more keys cut & programmed
  • Rear mudflap delete
  • Fix passenger corner lamp (parts on order)
  • Remove running boards
  • DIY rock lights from the running board connection. I'm thinking of bodging in some waterproof LED strips
  • Sliders - for when I almost certainly get the 4x4 bug
  • Removable rear window hatch? I'd love to be able to pull the window off completely and have a spot for kayaks/bikes to hang out the back - truck style.
  • Headlights (why are they so dim?)
-TheBog
2522.jpeg

20180921_164929.jpg

Welcome. Polish those headlights and you should get better results.

Thanks, Lex, I have a 3M restore kit coming in the mail. Anything's better than this.

@TintedOut thanks! I love how they look on the black.

your lexus wheels should sell for top dollar. best wheels for the LC IMO.

did you end up finding any good LED's for the Fog or Headlights?
A few people have put Acura TSX LED bulbs into the LX sockets because they are apparently direct bolt on.

No, I just got some sliders that I'm putting on first. Let me know if you find something you like...

Welcome! Good Looking rig.

Was actually considering upgrading my wheels, what makes the stock LX 470 rims so desirable?
Its personal preference, but IMO the 5 star 06-07 wheels are some of the best looking ujz100 wheels made.

At some point I may do some logo blackouts with plaatidip, but I feel like adding the tundra wheels made the car look a lot fresher

One thing that really helped, besides polishing my head lights, was turning on Night View. It doesn't blind other drivers and allows me to see much further down the road. The HUD is totally not in the way and provides an excellent overall experience.

I noticed you don't have Night View but you could consider retrofitting it, or selling your 06 and buying a rig that came with it from the factory (like the 80 guys do with TRIPLE LOCKERS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom