2" Ironman Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What does everyone think of the Ironman suspension? It is much much cheaper than other lifts, what's the deal other than sitting "ass high"? I was thinking 2" Ironman with 2" shackles, will I encounter any driveline angle problems. Any ideas?

Suggest you do a search for "ironman" springs. If I recall, there are some negative posts.

I put on an Ironman Suspension kit on my 83 FJ60 a few years ago. It is a beefy well made suspension and well suited to the FJ60 Land Cruiser. A huge improvement over my stock set up. I live in Arizona and have driven over many hundreds of miles of washboard roads with this set up and it rides like a dream. It comes with greasable shackles and some big fat shocks. I don't have any electronic pics of the set up, but I can snap some tomorrow if your interested.

HTH

Matt

If you could send those pics that would be great.

Where are you from and where are you planning on getting them? It seems to me most of the negatives I have heard about Ironman come from the pro-ARB crowd, but couldnt find anybody that owned them that had anything bad to say.

One of the problems I have heard of though is that company switched hands (I think inside the family) and customer service tanked and I wasnt aware of a North American or US dealer...

I was thinking on Ironman to cause they're starting to sell here in Venezuela and i'll like to here some opinions about them.

someone in there?? waiting for the pics!!!

alpendubber what's the price of the setup?

Thanks for all the info. I live in Colorado. I found this kit by just typing FJ60 Lift in Ebay search. 550.00 for the setup, plus free shipping. It is from a truck accessory liquidation company. I should have it put on by next weekend and will post pics before and after.

Last edited:
I've got Ironman on my '84 60. Its ok. Not great but not bad. Its not as flexy as the OME I had on another 60 but it corners much better - not as much body roll. My '82 had the OME light fronts and medium rears. It had lots of body roll even with the front stabilizer connected. The light front springs were shot after 4 years. I went with Ironman to try something diferent on the current ride. They've been on for 4 or 5 years now. They're good but a bit stiff - not great on washboard dirt. They don't have the antifriction pads like the OME's. Last I heard was that there wasn't a distributor in the US any more. Has that changed?

I've had both. OME is a nicer ride. Ironman sits with assend a little higher and rides stiffer. Stll for the 550 you can't beat that.

Mac

I found this kit on Ebay, from a e-company called Truck Accessory Liquidators. I think it said they had 12 on hand.

anybody have any pics of the ironman lift installed?

My avatar pic is my FJ60 w/ 34" swampers and ironman heavy/heavy.

It rides terrible unloaded. Bad Thing.

It sits ass high unloaded, but that allows it to sit level when loaded down. Good thing.

There is no body roll (good thing) , because there is no suspension compliance(bad thing).

The ironman shocks failed/blew out after only a few years of use. Bad Thing.

The replacement cheapo $19.99 gas charged shocks ride softer. Good thing.

The suspension is in the process of being moved to my new trail truck. As part of the process, one leaf is being removed from each pack. And every pack is being cleaned and slip-plated while disassembled. We will see if that makes it noticeably better.

Ironman Suspension Pics

These pics aren't great but here's what I got of my Ironman Suspension on my 83 FJ60. They've been on about five years now. I don't know how they compare to OME but they are a huge improvement over the original springs. And as I think the pictures show they are pretty beefy and durable. The shackles that came with the kit are greasable. HTH

Matt

Last edited:
MrSvle, thanks for the pics. Is that their 2" lift package?

Also, the kits that are being sold on Ebay are B rated meaning they are medium duty. Heavy/ Heavy would just be too much spring.

It looks like the kit on Ebay does not come with shackles or Pins, what are going to use. This looks like the ticket at least for money.

MJM, I was thinking of just getting some 1"-2" shackles with greaseable bolts from whoever has the best deal. Any suggestions besides $$$OME$$$?

Becoming less and less tech

NO suggestions on a good cheap source, I have been pleased with some confers on my 40 but they may not even make them anymore. I will let you know if I go this route after I work some bugs out of this 60.
MJM

i am thinking i am going to go for this thing. 10 left at lest check. i bought some shackles (1.5" longer than stock) from ccot a while back and never got around to installing them. does anyone know if the ironman kit bushings will work with the oversized ccot shackles? i am pretty sure i will need to order some bushings but oh well. looks like a good deal to me though. cant wait to tear into it. torches, hammers, cursing and beer.

Rocky,

I paid for mine via Paypal on Sunday. I have received a confirmation of payment, but they have not shipped it yet. I figured it would have gone out on Monday but no dice. I have emailed for the method of shipment and tracking number with no reply. I am getting somewhat nervous about this. You may want to wait before purchasing to see what happens. I will keep you posted.

I just ordered this kit ob eBay too. I followed up the order with an email to the company inquiring about shackles. They apparently have the greasable shackles too. They should be up on eBay now too.

I haven't tried to confirm this order with the company yet, but after reading the last post, I'm going to call them right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom