FJ60 Lift - Minimum Ceiling Height Required? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Posted in workshops as well, but the truck forums get much more traffic.

Just as the title says - I'm designing a garage, and I finally get to put in a lift. Going 2-post as space is a consideration, and most of my work will be wheel rotation, brakes, etc. - need the wheels accessible.

The cruiser is the tallest car I own. Others are an 89 911 and an 03 bmw 540 wagon. both lowered. I'm not looking to get a true workshop lift - stand under it and reach up to do the work. Just tired of worming my way under the trucks and cars on a piece of cardboard.

How high do I need my ceiling to be? And are there any suggestions on lifts? I'm looking at BendPak and Rotary, but open to other suggestions.

Thanks.

I'm thinking most lifts need 12' ceiling height
you'll be lifting off the frame, so it is the difference between the frame and top of rig for calculations

^^X2
You probably need to use extensions on the lift arms to get the truck high enough to walk under. Lift heights are based on the arms. Any distance prior to the arms contacting the frame is a loss in total vehicle lift.
SimS

Ha! I thought when reading your thread title that you were attempting to avoid the experience I had when I put new lift springs on the truck and then couldn't get it back out of the suddenly way too low garage door.

Your actual problem is one that I am quite envious of... have fun!

I have 10-1/2 ft ceiling and need to crouch to walk under a vehicle, but it's ideal if you are sitting on a mechanics chair. The nice thing about a lower roof is you can spread the posts further apart and use the same cables. Here's a pic of a 7000lb 2-post Rotary lift...
IMG_0358.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom