Looking for a new air-cleaner for your F or 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
manny
air1.jpg

#two
air2.jpg

#three
air3.jpg

last one...
air4.jpg

I note that you have a Webber. Me thinks the Aisin (the right LC carb) has an offset-from-center air cleaner housing holddown bolt. Love the position of your throttle return spring; looks stock. Not. :flipoff2:

It came out of a DeVille, and it draws air from under the box...

manny

Advent said:
What's that air box out of, and where does it pull air from?

That my friend is the suck-o-matic, direct from Nickolodeon's 'Rocco's Modern Life' :flipoff2:

This was designed to make snorkeled cruisers shudder in fear!

DocB said:
I note that you have a Webber. Me thinks the Aisin (the right LC carb) has an offset-from-center air cleaner housing holddown bolt. Love the position of your throttle return spring; looks stock. Not. :flipoff2:

If you're going to go out of your way to criticize.......at least know what you're looking at. :rolleyes:

Looks like a solution to the old problem of not being able to run a full size enclosed air cleaner on a HOLLEY carb. Don't really care for it over the distributor, but if you don't need to get in there very often it's OK. You can pick up a throttle return spring bracket from a boneyard, bolts to the carb mounting studs. (Look for old Fords with the Motorcraft 2bbl).

I wouldn't run a Holley today, but I had one serve many years - trouble free.

DocB said:

Funny the return spring on my FJ40 is mounted in the same way attached to the radiator :)

65swb45 said:
That my friend is the suck-o-matic, direct from Nickolodeon's 'Rocco's Modern Life' :flipoff2:

This was designed to make snorkeled cruisers shudder in fear!

Thanks for the laugh Mark. It is nice to see other people's ideas. That is a nice large filter, and probably lots cooler on that side of the engine. Thanks!

Awesome!
I’m looking for an air filter idea mine was gone and I installed a power booster w/78 master have no room for a standard filter and don’t like the stock one.

Stock for a F motor. 2F's dont have the bypass regulator that the oil filter attatches to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom