Your Thoughts on the LC 250? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really respect this current gen Defender.
I know the old school purists will hate it but its selling better than ever and it's the reason we have the 250 Prado looking the way it does today
If I am not mistaken, design freeze of 250 happened after they saw the new Defender.
What they did to the Defender was brave but it succeeded and it was a smart move.
Towards the end of its lifecycle, the older Defender had already been defeated pretty much in global off-road/fleet/UN/NGO sales by the 70 series. The decision to discontinue it and go a different direction was very smart.

This looks promising:

1712200876104.png

Hi,

New user here. I haven't read the full 22 pages but I just wanted to give my 2c.

For me this car is a blessing. I purchased a 3-door LC "Prado" 150 back in 2017 and even if I'm love with it, it has became a liability. I purchased it while having a girlfriend because we live in a rural area and our main hobby is mountaineering, but now that we're married, have a daughter and a second one about to be born...

When looking for 5-door SUVs I hated everything I saw so I was pretty much settled in the 5-door version of my own prado 150. Mind there are way less options in Spain (no 4runner, no gx550, etc) and most of them are really expensive (wrangler, bronco, defender, grenadier... All at 90k+).

So when Toyota announced the 250 I was in awe. I loved the retro look and it had a great crompomise between beign a family SUV and a real off-roader. Just what I needed. And the price, even if 15k more than the previous 150 5d prado it is still 15k less than competitors.

Sorry for the cynical reply and I know this is about taste, so not very helpful to argue about. It looks to be me like a dressed up Suzuki Jimmy. I am sure many other would love it so please go for it. It may grow on me in real F2F.
Honestly would prefer the Jimny.

Sorry for the cynical reply and I know this is about taste, so not very helpful to argue about. It looks to be me like a dressed up Suzuki Jimmy. I am sure many other would love it so please go for it. It may grow on me in real F2F.
I think we're all getting a little too down in the weeds on all this. It's a Made in Japan body on frame IFS Toyota wagon with 4 wheels and a 4-lo transfer case. For the vast majority of use cases, these trucks are basically the same thing- and all of them are outstanding (100, 120, 150, 200, 250, 300). And where the 120/150 had few weaknesses, the 250 seems to have significant improvements.

Last edited:
For sure! I was just down in Mexico and they really seemed to be gaining in popularity. I wouldn't trade my LC for one but a Jimny would compliment it very well.
Exactly and with the understanding that I have both a GX and Limited 4Runner in the garage already, so something small and extra nimble would be novel. Until 2020, I had only ever owned compact cars.

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom