What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks like a special place. Also looks super relaxing, but you better hope this guy doesn't show up... 😂 😂

R.png

Like @surfpig I had to get out for a equinox trip. Found an awesome camping spot 45 minutes from home.

20240322_201439.jpg

20240322_135946.jpg

20240322_183334.jpg

20240322_214345.jpg

I got it out for a shake down run.

Over the last few months I’ve been upgrading with the focus of road manners. Coming from bias ply swampers and caster bushing, it could be a handful on the road. Recent upgrades include tcase gears(hi and low under drive), all new rod ends, DVS 3L arms and rear panhard bracket, 315/75/16 yoko G003, and alignment.

It’s never driven better! Very satisfying!

6AC49497-1DFE-499E-BF60-B01EF27B8A4A.jpeg

Quick morning.

Breakfast sandwiches with @Corsocaravan and @Butt Ugly Chuck and these little guys. Love these guys so much and fun to have around.

Got a 80 creeper skidplate knocked out and a 60 rear shell tacked up for the next build. Time for some weekend rest now.

Jason
TT

Kildaire.png
Reese.png
PXL_20240323_160645750.jpg
PXL_20240323_160907269.jpg

looks awesome! So the knife is it a BlackJack 1-7? I have a knife very similuar to that style.
Randall made #12-6" little bear bowie. Similar to a Randall Made #1-7". I am assumming that is the knife you speak of.

Complete rebuild with RCV chromoly axles, Wit's End knuckle huggers, 100 series brake pads, braided brake lines, Slee's front shocks, drag link, tie rod, and billet front control arms, Fox 2.0 shocks, Dobinsons adjustable front panhard bar, and rinsed some pollen off her.
20240324_160722.jpg
20240324_160659.jpg
20240324_170025.jpg

IMG_9366.jpeg
IMG_9363.jpeg
IMG_9368.jpeg
IMG_9367.jpeg
(1) Light bulbs!
(2) lubed and adjusted hood latch that wasn’t staying closed
(3) opened box full of rubbers! ($1k worth of window and door weatherstripping for reinstall after glass out paint job next month
(4) new bumpers for hood

Complete rebuild with RCV chromoly axles, Wit's End knuckle huggers, 100 series brake pads, braided brake lines, Slee's front shocks, drag link, tie rod, and billet front control arms, Fox 2.0 shocks, Dobinsons adjustable front panhard bar, and rinsed some pollen off her.
View attachment 3590271View attachment 3590272View attachment 3590273
@White Sheep

I would not use masonry blocks to support the jack stands, way too scary. Wood would be a much better choice. That block can shatter.

Should have bought a Kobalt from the hardware store for a fraction of the price. They are all made by Danaher... that's why matco, kobalt, and gear wrench tools all look suspiciously similar.....Just giving you a hard time 🤣 🤣 🤣

Even if your using matco I think you will be the first place I look if I ever need a replacement motor.
Yah I hear yah I have broken a craftsman, husky and gear wrench in the last 6 months even a cornwell that they wouldn’t cover the warranty because it’s so old. I got that set for $100 and have good luck with there tools. It’s getting hard to find pistons for my rebuilds so hopefully Toyota keeps inventory coming in for future rebuilds.

Yah I hear yah I have broken a craftsman, husky and gear wrench in the last 6 months even a cornwell that they wouldn’t cover the warranty because it’s so old. I got that set for $100 and have good luck with there tools. It’s getting hard to find pistons for my rebuilds so hopefully Toyota keeps inventory coming in for future rebuilds.
I worked Snap On for 3 years. In 3 years I rebuilt multiple pre 1940 ratchets. We kept rebuild kits for every snap on ratchet ever made.

Merl got a new voice this weekend. Finally swapped in my exhaust from my old 80. The stock exhaust was rust free and leak free but needed O2 sensors, the mounts were torn and it was whistling like crazy. Plus it was clanking on my slider. Surprisingly, every bolt from the stock exhaust unbolted with no issue, came apart so easy. Love this rust free 80. My other exhaust though, was built and welded on my old 80 so it required some work to get onto Merl. I had to cut the muffler off in order to get it up and over the frame rail again and then used a 2.5" clamp to clamp the muffler back on, bought a new hanger and let her rip. Check engine lights are gone, the whistle is gone and now she is breathing a little better. Would like to get rid of the flanges and get some v-bands welded in and also a tailpipe because it's currently turned down from the muffler.
IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4569.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom