What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you use this one ?

And if I understand correctly , I need two per side , correct ?

I’ve been battling CEL for two years now , I’m going to finally give in and replace the cats .
That’s exactly the part number I used. The mom & pop exhaust shop (literally a husband wife operation) tried telling me that I only needed one per side until I showed them the fully fabbed part that just bolts in for over $900 per side. Then she said that their tech data was probably wrong, it was nice to have the variable steering gear ratio back. It always bugged me that I had it whenever I reset the codes and it would go away as soon as they repopulated in the system.

Mine wasn't blowing out of the driver's side footwell either until I took a closer look. The carpet was partially blocking the vent so it was an easy fix thankfully.
This 👆👆👆. Exactly what happened to me.

That’s exactly the part number I used. The mom & pop exhaust shop (literally a husband wife operation) tried telling me that I only needed one per side until I showed them the fully fabbed part that just bolts in for over $900 per side. Then she said that their tech data was probably wrong, it was nice to have the variable steering gear ratio back. It always bugged me that I had it whenever I reset the codes and it would go away as soon as they repopulated in the system.
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.For the longest time , I didn’t want to believe it was the cats , but all signs are pointing to it no.

Just getting to add pics

Started my AHC delete. Did front and rear shocks, springs, and have torsion bar to do next (UPS split my shipment so had to work with what I got first). I did the iron man 2” stage 1. I did it myself so far with help from my wife with a few things. Forum was a great help especially with my rusted New England Bolts. I did the cut inside to access the rear shock nuts, after spending 4 hours trying to get them off. Had trouble reconnecting my Panhard bar so had to use a ratchet strap to pull it together attaching some pics of the work. I plan to do the torsion bars tomorrow then go to the alignment stand. In the near future gonna do a diff drop and the panhard bar drop. Wondering though if I should add an adjustable bar when I do the drop. Thanks for all the help on this forum. It’s been golden.
I did the exact same job as you and many others here. Then I had the horrible death wobble sagitta ass shake. My solution was panhard drop bracket - one doesnt need adjustable bar then. There's very good posts from Delta Vehicle Systems in the forum here that explains the issue, options./

BTW - learned hard way the easiest way to remove / install panhard bar is down on the floor - vehicle should not be jacked up one bit.

I did the exact same job as you and many others here. Then I had the horrible death wobble sagitta ass shake. My solution was panhard drop bracket - one doesnt need adjustable bar then. There's very good posts from Delta Vehicle Systems in the forum here that explains the issue, options./

BTW - learned hard way the easiest way to remove / install panhard bar is down on the floor - vehicle should not be jacked up one bit.
lmao at the phrase "Sagitta ass shake"

I bought it. 1998 105 barn door with manual transmission, freshly built turboed 1hz with turbo internals and new transmission. Personally i think this is fairly close to being the king of the cruisers. Too bad these didn't come from the factory with 1hdt in 105 series
96c24087-69de-46be-a24e-345a9cc8cc7b.jpg

IMG_7703.jpeg
IMG_7704.jpeg

IMG_7699.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine wasn't blowing out of the driver's side footwell either until I took a closer look. The carpet was partially blocking the vent so it was an easy fix thankfully.
This 👆👆👆. Exactly what happened to me.
Oh my god that ended up being it. I finally have heat in the footwell!

Can't believe it was something so simple. Thanks for the tip!

Nice! The rear swing outs look interesting. The cans fold in first and the tire covers it?
They fold independently. You can open either, but the latch to the rear is on the left sid
8f370131-9318-465c-9289-8f7cb7c6bd02.jpg
e7f77a0f-b0d4-4a79-b8fe-0a02fc3ae205.jpg
IMG_7702.jpeg
e

Oh man, the Plaidwagon seat back and glove box nets look extremely useful.
Keep in mind, metal next to knees isn't a good idea in a moving thingy. Of course that looks great though!

I swapped out the low beam and high beam bulbs (low beams were dim and high beams/DRL were not working at all despite dash indicator lighting up). Big improvement on the low (philips vision) but the highs still do not work. I think the DRL relay is dead or something. Anyways, I also took her camping on the beach as well.
20240321_194117000_iOS.jpg

How have you liked this tire carrier?
It is ok. For not wanting to add alot of weight it is a good option. I am not impressed with the spindle or the seal on the top and bottom of it. I took it apart to check how much ingress of dust and moisture got in and it was alot. For it being pretty pricey (but not comparatively) I was disappointed in the shipping. It was literally poking through the cardboard and the main tube was bent. If i was to do it again, i would order the weld it your self kit so i could change the spindle.

As far as sturdy ness and construction, no complaints. My wife hates that it blocks the camera, but that can be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom