What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is ok. For not wanting to add alot of weight it is a good option. I am not impressed with the spindle or the seal on the top and bottom of it. I took it apart to check how much ingress of dust and moisture got in and it was alot. For it being pretty pricey (but not comparatively) I was disappointed in the shipping. It was literally poking through the cardboard and the main tube was bent. If i was to do it again, i would order the weld it your self kit so i could change the spindle.

As far as sturdy ness and construction, no complaints. My wife hates that it blocks the camera, but that can be fixed.
Thanks for the review. Did you figure out a way to seal the spindle or just dealing with it?

A few weeks ago, I posted about installing a backup camera (connected to the stock screen via a GROM VLine 2) and having a long delay between switching into reverse and getting the camera image on the screen. I contacted GROM, and they suggested running the power through a relay. I ordered a relay, but, by the time it arrived, I was no longer experiencing the delay. If I return the relay, the delay will probably come back!

A few weeks ago, I posted about installing a backup camera (connected to the stock screen via a GROM VLine 2) and having a long delay between switching into reverse and getting the camera image on the screen. I contacted GROM, and they suggested running the power through a relay. I ordered a relay, but, by the time it arrived, I was no longer experiencing the delay. If I return the relay, the delay will probably come back!
Or, it could ANTICIPATE that you are going to put it in reverse and display BEFORE you do!!!! :rofl:

Went to the paint shop to check out the progress. Really fascinating process. The shop is a 1 man operation and he takes the time to walk me through everything. Cool to find someone super passionate about his craft. Hoping to have it back mid April!

20240322_133119.jpg

20240322_133043.jpg

Went to the paint shop to check out the progress. Really fascinating process. The shop is a 1 man operation and he takes the time to walk me through everything. Cool to find someone super passionate about his craft. Hoping to have it back mid April!

View attachment 3588708

View attachment 3588709
Good stuff! Mine goes to paint on Monday. Currently stripping it down.

While rotating tires, found that the factory CV boot clamp finally started to slang some grease. Clamped it up with a spare I had. Also brushed off the rust from the aftermarket LCA and sprayed it up. This is the only part that really takes a beating during the winter. Lesson learned: stick with OEM if you can. The other side I replaced that’s OEM is holding up great. I apply fluid film every winter.
IMG_5691.jpeg

IMG_5695.jpeg

This week I randomly had an intermittent no crank no start. Was almost stranded but thankfully I found I was able to slowly turn the key back after START and it would engage the starter.

After doing a bunch of reading on here it sounded like it could be starter contacts... It ended up being the ignition switch which makes total sense especially once I found the switch was aftermarket.

Also just a heads up the factory switch (84450-12200) is available on Amazon for $40! It is $97 from TPD

20240323_144631.jpg

20240323_145808.jpg

Pick up the trailer of a friend for our Mojave Road:) whoever knows nice spots to camp along MR: happy to get a PM

IMG_7932.jpeg

When replacing the cabin air filters, I noticed that there was a broken piece in the interior trim piece behind the glove box. It looks like the previous owner tried to fix it with hot glue and some duct tape. I figured it's a good a time as any to use JB Weld Plastic Bonder for the first time. The cure time wasn't as advertised but it did eventually work. I ended up adding braces made out of old hotel key cards as I was not confident the epoxied pieces would hold by itself. I give JB Weld 4 out of 5 stars. Next time I use it (for the door lock motor actuator case), I'll know to let it cure for a lot longer than 15 minutes (like overnight).
IMG_4291.jpeg

IMG_4290.jpeg

Last edited:
Shared this in my build thread but thought I'd throw it in here too. I'm switching to 80 Series rear shocks and adding bump stop drops/spacers. Decided to make my own out of some 3/8" steel plate and old CV axle parts.

IMG_0594.jpeg
17A53E5B-AD86-4CD1-AD02-05C0A7556A2D.jpg

657F69DF-5B77-4F5D-8709-87325B4A0331.jpg
IMG_0599.jpeg

(Photo shows a gap at full compression w/ tires and springs removed - thus the need for bump stop spacers)
IMG_0595.jpeg

It also appears that I need some new rear springs. Feat. AHC spacers and OEM rear shock bolts

Shared this in my build thread but thought I'd throw it in here too. I'm switching to 80 Series rear shocks and adding bump stop drops/spacers. Decided to make my own out of some 3/8" steel plate and old CV axle parts.

View attachment 3590649View attachment 3590650

View attachment 3590651View attachment 3590652
(Photo shows a gap at full compression w/ tires and springs removed - thus the need for bump stop spacers)
View attachment 3590654
It also appears that I need some new rear springs. Feat. AHC spacers and OEM rear shock bolts
Very elegant spacers! Any pictures of the compressed bumpstop on the other side? Curious to see how much it compresses. Also, if you've already driven it, any significant impact to the ride?

Spent the weekend in socal with the kids and front driver window decided to jump out of the guide rail and refuse to close all the way up, had to do a pitstop at the nearest harbor freight in North Hollywood for some basic tools. Done in less than an hour. Always an adventure with this 18 year old car
IMG_4192.jpeg

Spent the weekend in socal with the kids and front driver window decided to jump out of the guide rail and refuse to close all the way up, had to do a pitstop at the nearest harbor freight in North Hollywood for some basic tools. Done in less than an hour. Always an adventure with this 18 year old carView attachment 3590607
What was the problem with the window rail/track?

Very elegant spacers! Any pictures of the compressed bumpstop on the other side? Curious to see how much it compresses. Also, if you've already driven it, any significant impact to the ride?
I’ve not had a chance to drive it since installing the Perrys but I’m sure they’re just like any other bumpstop- better than factory, worse than hydro bumps

If I take more photos I’ll post them to my build thread: Builds - Patch's Build Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/patchs-build-thread.1280842/page-15

What was the problem with the window rail/track?
It was the 10mm bolt at the bottom riser where the glass panels sits, it fell off causing the glass to tilt forward and eventually jumped off the track. Also sprayed silicon wd40 grease on the tracks and pivoting/sliding parts of the mechanism for insurance.

I’ve not had a chance to drive it since installing the Perrys but I’m sure they’re just like any other bumpstop- better than factory, worse than hydro bumps

If I take more photos I’ll post them to my build thread: Builds - Patch's Build Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/patchs-build-thread.1280842/page-15
Awesome, thank you! I have the PerryParts front bumpstops and I did notice an improvement vs. the stock (admittedly 25-years old and petrified) ones, but I've been curious about their rears since there are other options in the market.

View attachment 3590649View attachment 3590650

View attachment 3590651View attachment 3590652
View attachment 3590654

What’s the advantage of running 80 series shocks? First I’ve heard of this.

Spent the weekend in socal with the kids and front driver window decided to jump out of the guide rail and refuse to close all the way up, had to do a pitstop at the nearest harbor freight in North Hollywood for some basic tools. Done in less than an hour. Always an adventure with this 18 year old carView attachment 3590607
Nice work! And your speaker foam looks fantastic for 17yrs of LV ☀️

That burnt Audi orange 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom