Unofficial Cruise Moab April 18-21 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I have never been to Cruise Moab and I am not signed up for the actual event. I am planning to go April 18-21 just to check it out and hopefully run a few trails on my own but would prefer to do this with others. Is anyone else already going or want to join me.

I am planning to camp, don’t know where yet. I would drive over on Thursday the 18th and return on Sunday the 21st.

I open to trail suggestions, camping areas or anything else anyone wants to share. I have been to Moab half a dozen times but never driven any trails. We always hiked or
Were there for a running race.

I want to check out the event but otherwise I’m open to doing whatever.

I have never been to Cruise Moab and I am not signed up for the actual event. I am planning to go April 18-21 just to check it out and hopefully run a few trails on my own but would prefer to do this with others. Is anyone else already going or want to join me.

I am planning to camp, don’t know where yet. I would drive over on Thursday the 18th and return on Sunday the 21st.

I open to trail suggestions, camping areas or anything else anyone wants to share. I have been to Moab half a dozen times but never driven any trails. We always hiked or
Were there for a running race.

I want to check out the event but otherwise I’m open to doing whatever.
I plan on doing the same! I tried getting in, but it was instantly sold out. I’m planning on just going out to Moab and doing some trails on my own as well. I’ll be in a stock ‘79 FJ40 with 30s so I won’t be doing anything crazy. I haven’t been to Cruise Moab yet, so I’m not familiar with the trails.

I’ve been to Solid Axle Summit. A couple of days ago, I took my ‘79 to the Lone Star Land Cruisers Roundup and also ran the Wanderlust half marathon.
IMG_4215 Copy.jpeg

We should meet up. Are you planning to camp out of the 40?

We should meet up. Are you planning to camp out of the 40?
Sounds good. I have a Gravity Haus membership, so I’ll be staying at that hotel in town.

I might do the same too. Actually, that's really all I've done in the past, just crash the party and hang with friends. This year, I might go the "fun way" by way of Lockhart basin trail from south to north, which will spit you out at above Moab. It's mostly an easy moderate trail to run except for the very north end where it gets technical for about 300'. Going from South to North makes this section much easier to tolerate.

edit: I'm gonna say it's a moderate trail just for a CYA!

Last edited:
I might do the same too. Actually, that's really all I've done in the past, just crash the party and hang with friends. This year, I might go the "fun way" by way of Lockhart basin trail from south to north, which will spit you above Moab. It's mostly an easy trail to run except for the very north end where it gets technical or about 300'. Going from South to North makes this section much easier to tolerate.
I’m coming from NM too. I’ll probably make it from Las Cruces to Farmington the first day, then to Moab the next.

Sounds like fun guys, I’m overdue on my Utah fix, but am busy then. Anyway a few years ago I wheeled Lockhart basin from needles to Moab to catch supplies for my Hayduke hike,in my 90’ pickup on 33s and rear locker. that was awesome , but not for a stock rig.
Chicken corners is a good moderate trail with awesome views of the Colorado river that is totally worthwhile. It’s just over Hurrah pass.
Hidden canyon was cool also. There is a few first come first served camps before Hurrah pass.
Hurrah pass with @Jason hansen @Dilspec and a group of 80s. And me on other side of river from Hurrah pass in my 40.
IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not signed up for the event, but I would love to join you all if you don't mind. Let me see what I can do. I'd be camping out of the Tundra.

I might do the same too. Actually, that's really all I've done in the past, just crash the party and hang with friends. This year, I might go the "fun way" by way of Lockhart basin trail from south to north, which will spit you out at above Moab. It's mostly an easy trail to run except for the very north end where it gets technical for about 300'. Going from South to North makes this section much easier to tolerate.

What is your timeline like it if you run the Lockhart Basin Trail? I would be up for driving this route up with you. The earliest I can leave is Thursday though.

Are you camping in Moab or ??

What is your timeline like it if you run the Lockhart Basin Trail? I would be up for driving this route up with you. The earliest I can leave is Thursday though.

Are you camping in Moab or ??

For a trip like this, I'd take Thur off and leave first thing in the morning or leave Wed night. It'll depend on Johanna's work schedule. Ideally, it'd be nice to camp somewhere on the trail the first night. This trail can be run on a single day if one really wants to, but I like to spend two days on the trail and enjoy the scenery, go for hikes, etc..

The Tundra might need sliders for the sketchy section 😁

As far as camping, usually I leave that TBD. It'd be nice to camp in or near Moab just so I can see my friends, but I also don't run any trails local to Moab. We may spend one night near Moab then head off somewhere else.

I would be down for camping wherever and maybe doing some mountain biking, and some fourwheeling if the trails are not overcrowded. I know that's a big IF.

I could be up for leaving first thing, early, Thursday and start the trail the same to camp in the middle on the way up.

I not sure there that there is much to do at Cruise Moab if your not signed up, so stopping in for a day to see it and leaving to head back out on another route to camp again would probably be ideal in my opinion.

I might do the same too. Actually, that's really all I've done in the past, just crash the party and hang with friends. This year, I might go the "fun way" by way of Lockhart basin trail from south to north, which will spit you out at above Moab. It's mostly an easy trail to run except for the very north end where it gets technical for about 300'. Going from South to North makes this section much easier to tolerate.

I could be talked into just Lockhart.

I might come up, especially for a Lockhart run! New rig is a '21 Taco Off Road. All I have now is sliders. Suggestions on an adequate lift for 33's?

It appears there is group interest in doing Lockhart Basin Trail. If we left early Thursday is it reasonable to think we could drive up and start the trail with the plan to camp along the trail somewhere and finish it Friday? Anyone that doesn’t want to checkout Cruise Moab could bail if they wanted. After checking out the event find a good place to camp and do Chicken Corners Trail Sunday morning and head home.

I have no idea how long it is worth hanging around the CM event. If it is an in and out kinda deal we could consider another trail Saturday afternoon.

Thoughts, opinions, other ideas?

@alia176 what do you think of that?

@pappy is this enough to talk you into going?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom