What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (103 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How hard was it to remove the old trim and re-install the new trim?

Fronts are a little tougher than the backs...need to loosen the mirror bolts from the inside (behind tweeter cover) and a small retaining screw at the back but that's about the extent of the difficulty. They have little plastic hooks that just need to be "unlatched" and then it just lifts/slides back.
There's a couple YT videos on it.

Fronts are a little tougher than the backs...need to loosen the mirror bolts from the inside (behind tweeter cover) and a small retaining screw at the back but that's about the extent of the difficulty. They have little plastic hooks that just need to be "unlatched" and then it just lifts/slides back.
There's a couple YT videos on it.

Thanks! I ordered the $43 set. I hope it's a fit. I've had the OEM one in my eBay cart but never pulled the trigger because it was around $250.

Due to an oil leak, I had to do my passenger side valve cover gasket and as luck would have it, three of the bottom bolts broke. After two hours of drilling and lots of patience I was able to remove the bolts and had the wholes re-threaded to the OEM size 6mm x 1.00. The new OEM bolts fit perfectly.
IMG_7375.jpeg
IMG_7387.jpeg
IMG_7388.jpeg
IMG_7386.jpeg

First time in a while I rolled down the driver window and appears the motor is shot and rolling down/up very slowly. I couldn’t find anywhere the P/N for the motor online so had to call the dealer.

8572060130 is the P/N and you can steal this for a cool $560 🤦🏻‍♂️ I found the Cardone version P/N on Rockauto for $62 (82-10001). If anyone has any feedback or experience kindly LMK.

First time in a while I rolled down the driver window and appears the motor is shot and rolling down/up very slowly. I couldn’t find anywhere the P/N for the motor online so had to call the dealer.

8572060130 is the P/N and you can steal this for a cool $560 🤦🏻‍♂️ I found the Cardone version P/N on Rockauto for $62 (82-10001). If anyone has any feedback or experience kindly LMK.
There are cheaper dealer options out there, there's a new on on Ebay for $313 + shipping, and there's used on Ebay as well. Just suggestions.

I'd offer its probably not the motor. Make sure you clean the tracks and lube the mechanism. Also check your switches are making positive contact. I thought I had a bad motor, but during troubleshooting discovered the master switch had a poor wire contact at the harness plug. a small bend on the male contact and all was well again.

Is this for sure a symptom of the motor dying, or are there other possible causes like window track friction, something slipping, or...? Asking because my passenger front window is very slow.

I'd offer its probably not the motor. Make sure you clean the tracks and lube the mechanism. Also check your switches are making positive contact. I thought I had a bad motor, but during troubleshooting discovered the master switch had a poor wire contact at the harness plug. a small bend on the male contact and all was well again.
A quick way to check this is run a hot and ground wire to the motor (it has two wires, polarity switches depending on which way you need it to move). If its still slow with clean tracks and lubed mechanism and a full 12v, then it is your motor. If hot wiring it is full speed, you have a poor continuity somewhere.

my personal take: it's an ongoing discussion when lifting especially on the front. Some people prefer ext. links to balance the sway bar tension (and therefore also wear of the bushings), some don't care, some don't feel a difference.
When I lifted a couple weeks back I didn't do it, but might switch just to get an own impression.

Due to an oil leak, I had to do my passenger side valve cover gasket and as luck would have it, three of the bottom bolts broke. After two hours of drilling and lots of patience I was able to remove the bolts and had the wholes re-threaded to the OEM size 6mm x 1.00. The new OEM bolts fit perfectly.

Good job. I dont get why those bolts break so often if they so low torque.

Why? / When is it necessary to get extended sway bar links? is that for front or rear or both bars?
It's done when you do a lift, plus the bushings in my front links were worn out. I didn't notice a difference in handling. I came across a couple posts claiming that some from flex is gained by running the longer links once lifted but there was no articulation measurements or pictures to back that claim up. The ones I posted are for the front but there are options for the rear as well. I removed my rear sway bar so I don't need longer links for the back but will do them if I ever put the rear bar back on.

Why? / When is it necessary to get extended sway bar links? is that for front or rear or both bars?
Suspension lifts change geometry. Putting the geometry back to how it was designed will give better results.

I came across a couple posts claiming that some from flex is gained by running the longer links once lifted but there was no articulation measurements or pictures to back that claim up.

I'd like to see some proof as well. My suspension is only lifted 3/4" (AHC) but if they allowed for more travel without binding on compression I'd get some.

Suspension lifts change geometry. Putting the geometry back to how it was designed will give better results.

I'd like to see some proof as well. My suspension is only lifted 3/4" (AHC) but if they allowed for more travel without binding on compression I'd get some.
Did you lift yours by moving the sensors or a different way?

Finally installed my TT extended sway bar links, heck of a lot beefier than stock.
As the old saying goes every quick job is a broken bolt away from a 3 day ordeal… was on track for having it done in less than an hour and when I got to my last one (DS rear) I found the bushing sleeve was rusted to the bolt I needed to reuse and couldn’t get it out, I should have bought the other kit with the sway bar bushings and hardware.

Real glad I finally did it though, my rear sway bar no longer contacts the ol shock body.
IMG_2681.jpeg

IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2683.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

Received my new OEM Headlights for my '06 LX470... Got them on sale at Bell Lexus in North Scottsdale. The cost for the glass lens version was $332.81 each. Also got around to installing the Ironman 4x4 Recovery Points between the rainstorms we're having out here in California. Not that a Land Cruiser would ever get stuck...

Who should I get to convert to HID Projector Beams? I'm looking at LightWerkz... $1160 though...

DriverLX470.png

PassengerLX470.png

Box4X4.png

Received my new OEM Headlights for my '06 LX470... Got them on sale at Bell Lexus in North Scottsdale. The cost for the glass lens version was $332.81 each. Also got around to installing the Ironman 4x4 Recovery Points between the rainstorms we're having out here in California. Not that a Land Cruiser would ever get stuck...

Who should I get to convert to HID Projector Beams? I'm looking at LightWerkz... $1160 though...

View attachment 3563603

View attachment 3563604

View attachment 3563606
You should read this thread…
Luke111 has it figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom