Charcoal Canister - Great Option! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As a VC-120 user for the last 11 years, I still regret that i didn't just rebuild the original canister but threw it away.

Seems you can just file down the edge at the top where it's rounded over and the top comes off. Dump the old charcoal, clean the valves, throw a new filter pad in the bottom, refill with new charcoal from the fish store, and epoxy or silicone the top back on.
Didn't know that, glad I didn't toss my original!!

As a VC-120 user for the last 11 years, I still regret that i didn't just rebuild the original canister but threw it away.

Seems you can just file down the edge at the top where it's rounded over and the top comes off. Dump the old charcoal, clean the valves, throw a new filter pad in the bottom, refill with new charcoal from the fish store, and epoxy or silicone the top back on.
Have you experienced any issues with the replacement, or is it just to keep the oem style part for the sake of the appearance of originality?

Well that’s curious

Have you experienced any issues with the replacement, or is it just to keep the oem style part for the sake of the appearance of originality?

No issues, just miss the OE fitment and originality.

refill with new charcoal from the fish store, and epoxy or silicone the top back on.
Just a suggestion,"RTV/Silicone" doesn't play well with fuel, or fuel vapors, it will turn into a gooey jelly when exposed to fuel so i wouldn't use that to secure your cap In fact, I'd use a large hose clamp to secure the cap, that way you'll be able to easily remove the canister cap when the time comes to replace the charcoal inside it, In my case I've had to replace the charcoal in my canister once already, and having an easily removable cap made the job super easy,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom