80 Series 79 Scooped Hoods - Gauging Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been in contact with an Australian hood fabricator who is willing to do a group buy for 80 series hoods with integrated 79 series hood scoops. These are fiberglass hoods that he makes from a mold. They have inserts for hinges and latches. I tossed the idea of a group buy and he’s interested!

It is the same guy who did BNBs hood:

Here is his FB page:

Price would be somewhere around $1000-$2000 depending on how many we order and shipping once landed in the US would vary. (Estimate is conservative, his price is around $600, but shipping and logistics need to be factored in).

I’m gaging interest to see if this can become a reality!

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_3427.jpeg
IMG_3428.jpeg

Last edited:
I did want on back in the day. Its just too much once you add shipping. If your good with fiber glass/bondo you can do it yourself. I believe @SNLC did this style.

I did want on back in the day. Its just too much once you add shipping. If your good with fiber glass/bondo you can do it yourself. I believe @SNLC did this style.
That’s what lead me down this path. The problem is getting a 79 series hood in the US. Very difficult and expensive. There are other ways to do it for sure, but this one piqued my interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom